A Price to Pay~

Sorry for the hiatus you guys!! I've been so busy with college and I feel like I'm falling behind on everything so sos. But anyways, here comes the chapter. I hope you all enjoy it.

_________________________________

Last night was easily one of the most exciting moments of my life. Everything about it was perfect, from the way he looked on top of me, to the way he looked as I stared down at him. I couldn't get it out of my head, I didn't want to get it out of my head. I wanted to replay last night over and over until my thoughts were consumed by it.

But I knew that eventually I would have to focus on something other than dick—I would have to focus on something that Luna's actually focus on. But until then, I was perfectly content with thinking about how my mate felt inside of me.

In fact I was going to think about it some more, when a shadow appeared next to me. I didn't know who to expect, seeing as my mate was at another pack meeting, but when I saw Zach with his crooked smile, part of me was kind of happy.

Him and I had been moving past are differences, and little by little he was earning back my trust. I think he genuinely felt bad for betraying me, but honestly if he hadn't betrayed me than Kailen and I might not be where we are today.

So I guess I had Zach to thank for that.

I stared at him, waiting for him to speak. And after staring at me for a few seconds, he did.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in ages." He stated, earning a light laugh from me.

"It was literally a few days ago..." I replied, watching the children at play. They chased each other around, playing all sorts of games, and in that little crowd I even saw Cassie. She ran around with a child-like innocence that seemed to stick in my head.

Part of me wondered why I never got to feel that innocence. But as soon as that thought crossed my head, I pushed it out. I wasn't going to allow any of that self-pity, bullshit. 

I looked back to Zach, as he let out a sigh.

"Do you think I'll ever find my mate?" He asked, and if I'm being honest this question caught me totally off guard.

"Yes?" I answered, slightly puzzled, "Why?"

He shrugged, glancing down at his feet.

"I don't know," He paused, "I've just been looking for years now. I mean what if...What if she's dead? Or what if she just doesn't want me to find her?"

I could hear the restlessness in his voice—the uncertainty. The thought of his mate not being out there seemed to put him into a state of sadness.

I knew that feeling.

"She's out there." I spoke with certainty.

"How can you know that though? I mean I see all of my friends with their mates, and they're happy. Why don't I have that yet?"

"Maybe you're just looking too hard," I paused, "When the time is right, your mate will come. I mean hell, I doubt Kailen was expecting his mate to just fall from the sky. Maybe yours will too."

I was joking around with the last part, but the other parts I was dead serious with. I had seen the Moon goddess play this trick many times. She'd let you drive yourself crazy searching for your mate, and then just as you'd given up, your mate would appear.

It's like nobody else could have their mate until she was ready.

It was annoying if you asked me. But once again, she had a reason for everything. And that caused something to pop back up in my head.