Rogue Attack~

Sorry for the delay in updating!! I've been busy. Anyways, not much to say. So please VOTE AND COMMENT!!
*
READ READ READ!!! If you don't like how this chapter plays out, please consider checking out the alternate version!!! It's titled "Moon Child: Alternate Version"

___________________________________

Run. Run. Run.

That's all I could think to do. It's all I wanted to do.

I didn't want to die the way I died before, and with the scene in front of me, it looked like I would if I stayed. I was in the midst of a violent battle between deranged rogues, and my mate. Throats were being torn out, limbs were scattered across the ground, and chaos had made its way through the pack.

I didn't know what to do, or how to react. My brain, the logical side of me, was telling me to get the hell out of dodge. My heart, was telling me to fight with my mate. But what kind of crack was my heart on? My mate didn't even like me, and now I was supposed to risk my life for him? Sounds legit.

I continued to stare at the scene in front of me, frozen. My mind had set on one solution to this bloodbath, and that was to run. But I knew that the moon goddess would hand my ass to me, which would basically sign my death sentence on earth.

Plus, Cassie was here. And if rogues somehow managed to take over the pack, and get to Cassie, she would certainly die. And I couldn't let that happen.

I let out a string of silent curse words, before I made my choice. I charged into battle, knocking down rogues like bowling pins.

I knew that my odd-colored coat attracted wolves, and it made me a target. So while I wasn't surprised when multiple rogues pummeled into me, I was still mad. My anger seemed to fuel me as I plowed through rogues as if they were nothing but paper dolls.

I knew that regular wolves were always stronger than rogues, but I was surprised at the strength I had. It was like they were flies to me. I felt as if I could take on twenty rogues at once, and still be able to fight.

Kailen on the other hand, didn't look so hot. His coat was stained with blood and covered in scratches. His face had a gigantic scratch across it, and the blood drained into his eyes.

I didn't understand how fighting these rogues was a walk in the park for me, and near impossible for an alpha. Maybe it was because he had been out here fighting longer than I had, so he was exhausted. Or maybe it was because he was a weak ass pansy. Probably that.

Whatever the reason was, I used my strength to help him. He stared at me as I easily ripped the rogues off of him, killing them one by one. He joined in to help me, but thanks to the mate bond, I could feel him growing weaker. I could tell that his wounds were severe, though he tried to hide it.

Now it wasn't that I really cared if he died, because quite frankly he was a dick to me anyways. But if he died without rejecting me, then I would die. And then I wouldn't be able to be a star again.

I watched as Kailen collapsed next to me, and struggled to stand up.

Get your weak ass up. I snapped through the mate-link, but to no avail.

This of course attracted more rogues since the alpha was down. Rogues always wanted to kill the alpha, and now that he was down, it would be a piece of cake.

I stood guard over Kailen, snarling at the rogues that closed in. I wondered where the hell the rest of the pack members had gone, realizing that they were busy fighting off rogues themselves.

I nervously shifted, wondering how the hell I was going to fight off this many rogues. Sure, early I said that I could fight off twenty rogues, but I didn't actually mean twenty. More like fifteen.