Dumbfounded

Exactly after school, Satori and (Y/N) walked together to the Boy's Volleyball Gym. Once they arrived, Satori left (Y/N) to go change in the lockers as (Y/N) sat on the bench nearby.

Since they were early, no one else was there except (Y/N). Instead of waiting doing nothing awkwardly, (Y/N) opened her bag and did her homework.

"Who are you?"
Someone's voice was heard as they cleared their throat.

(Y/N) jumped slightly and looked up to who that voice belong to.

"Oh, Coach Washijo."
She said bowing towards him.
"Sumimasen, I was invited to watch by Satori-kun. Hope it's ok?"

The coach's brows were furrowed, he opened his mouth to say something until-

"Oh!! Coach Washijooooo!"
It was Tendou himself. He walked towards the two and looked up to Coach Washijo.

"Don't worry about her, Coach! I invited her in to watch! I promise she won't be trouble!"
The coach just sighed pinching the bridge of his nose.
"Fine. Just make sure she doesn't bother any of the team members."
Tendou nodded and left to do some warm ups as the other guys came in.

Coach Washijo looked over to (Y/N),
"Maybe try helping the guys if you can, make yourself useful here."
He patted her shoulder and went to his regular seat. Leaving (Y/N) dumbfounded.

Coach Washijo is (Y/N)'s PE teacher, sometimes. Only when it comes to playing sports, he's usually there to watch them play and grade them if he has time.I

Since (Y/N) doesn't know what else to do, she shrugged and sat down doing her homework as some of the guys came and said hi to her.

Coach Washijo blew his whistle as the guys all came to him. Then they started practicing serves and receiving. (Y/N) didn't knew much of volleyball, but she started watching them as she continued her homework, Tendou mostly.

She liked the way Tendou played, when he managed to score a point and started cheering like a little kid, how he smirks every time he blocks a spike those little things make her smile seeing him. Tendou caught her staring at him and pulled a funny face at her.

She giggled slightly at him and covered her face with her hands, then
BAM
A volleyball hit the floor close to her as she jumped.
Tendou burst into laughter pointing at (Y/N). Then, a ball hit his back.

Tendou looked to the person who hit it, Semi.

It was (Y/N) turn to laugh.

Tendou and Semi started arguing while some of the team started laughing and snickering. Coach Washijo came in and scold them so they can get back to practice.

The third years get a quick break and most of them went for a drink on the other side of the gym while talking to each other.

Semi watched as (Y/N) struggled with her homework from the drinking station. He approached her and sat next to her,

"Hey."

(Y/N) didn't realize he was there until she looked up to him.
"Oh, hi Semi."
And she looked back to her unfinished homework.

Semi knew she was having some trouble with it, and since he wants to make a good "first impression" especially towards a girl, he decided to help her.

Semi leaned closer to her and helped her with some of the answers with a smile on his face.

Little did he know the tall red head was staring at him from across the gym.

Tendou's POV
What is Semi-Semi doing with (Y/N)??
They seem close... TOO CLOSE ACTUALLY.
Oh come on Semi-Semi, you just met her!! You can't expect her to like you now!!

I watched as Semi read the book aloud for
(Y/N) and her smile...

I looked back down with brows furrowed trying to open the dispenser for water.

Why did I bring her here in the first place??
I wanted to show her my specialty, ok maybe kind of showing off... but I just wanted to see her more, to talk to her, not this..

Why am I freaking out about this??
Why am I feeling like this?
Goddamit Satori-

I opened the dispenser till the water splashed towards my face, making my hair gel all messed up.

Ah. Shit. Can this day get any worse?

I took my towel and covered my hair with it so no one can see. I ran back to the lockers and accidentally bumped towards someone.

"Agh.. sorry."
Wait. (Y/N)?
I looked down to see her with her backpack and all, ready to go. We stared at each other for a while until she spoke,
"Satori?"
"Yeah?"
"What happened?"
Great. She can't see me like this.. not with my hair all messed up.... But who am I to lie to her?
"Yeah, I kind of accidentally sprayed water to my hair and now the gel is all messed up."
I told her and covered my face with the towel on my hair.
She slightly giggled and brought her hands to my face to take the towel off. I let her do so as she looked at my hair. I looked down knowing I look embarrassing in front of her.

She sighed and told me to bend down,
"W-what?"
"Do as I say you dummy.", She teased playfully.
I did as she said and she dried my hair with the towel.

Wow, this actually feels good...
Oh, (Y/N)-chan, you have no idea what you're doing to me...

"And there!", she said as she took the towel of my head, I leaned back up and touched my head.
"All dried!"
I looked back at her smiling softly at me with her arms crossed.

"Heh, thanks..", I mumbled.
"No problem..."
There was silence until she spoke again.

"Hey um, I should go now. It's getting late. Thanks again for asking me to come here! I would love to see you practice again some other time."
My heart fluttered at those words.
She held her backpack that was slumped on one of her shoulders and gave me back my towel.
I looked at the towel she gave and looked back up at her,
"Ok. Don't miss me too much."
I teased her and touched her nose.
She laughed "Bye Satori", she replied sticking her tongue out.
We both laughed for a second and I followed her to the backdoor exit in silence, watching her taking out her headsets.

Before she opened the door, she spoke again,
"And by the way, I think you look handsome with your hair down."

She left leaving me dumbfounded at those words. I smiled looking at her as she took out her headphones while walking back home.

Cute.

Thanks for reading this chapter!!
And thank y'all for supporting me to make this book I really appreciate it!

Speaking of which, I wanna give a little shoutout to my bff who encouraged me to publish this story in the first place!
He's currently making a story of his own rn and I would like to return the favor by showing y'all his work!

Speaking of which, I wanna give a little shoutout to my bff who encouraged me to publish this story in the first place!He's currently making a story of his own rn and I would like to return the favor by showing y'all his work!

The story is basically an oc x reader type of story but I PROMISE it's wayy more interesting than how I explain it TwT.
Again thanks for reading this book holy frick I didn't know it'll get this far lmaoo. I'm currently making 3 more chapters so get ready for a long journey!