Chapter 14

3x13 & 3x14

Agony. That's all I can feel. Whatever I do to save my dad, it's affecting me, not in a good way. I haven't slept in 2 weeks and all that plagues my thoughts is what the hell is wrong with me. I decided to keep it to myself, not wanting anyone to worry, but something bad is going to happen if i don't. So I go to the one person who would know. Deaton.

"Amelia, I was not expecting you." He tells me.

"Yeah, I need your help." I sigh, he opens the gate and we walk into the examining room. Where I see Stiles and Scott. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask.

"Probably for the same reason you are." Scott answers.

"When was the last time you slept?" Stiles asks, noticing the bags under my eyes.

"Would you believe me if i said 2 weeks ago?" I ask and they nod. Stiles starts to explain what's been happening in his dreams, describing the odd actions of the people in them.

"It sounds like your subconscious is trying to communicate with you." Deaton reveals.

"Well, how do I tell my subconscious to use a language that I actually know?" Stiles scoffs.

"Do you remember what the sign language looked like? The placement of the hands?" Deatons asks him.

"You know sign language?" Scott asks in disbelief.

"I know a little. Let me give it a shot." Deaton says and Stiles does the actions.

"When is a door, not a door." We say together.

"When is a door not a door?" Stiles frowns.

"When it's ajar." Scott answers.

"You've got to be kidding me. A riddle? My subconscious wants to tell me a riddle?" Stiles scoffs.

"Not necessarily.. When the three of you went under the water, when you crossed from consciousness to a kind of super-consciousness? You essentially opened a door in your minds." Deaton describes.

"So, what does that mean? The doors still open?" I ask him.

"Ajar." He corrects.

"A door into our minds?" Stiles sighs and he nods.

"I did tell you it was risky." Deaton replies.

"How do we close it?" I ask deaton.

"Well that's difficult to answer." Deaton says.

"Oh no! Wait a second, I know that look. That's the 'we know exactly what's wrong with you, but we have no idea how to fix it' look." Stiles interjects.

"One thing I do know is that having an opening like that is in your mind? It's not good. You each need to close that door, and you need to do it as soon as possible." Deaton informs us and we sigh. A ding at the door alerted us that someone else had entered the clinic.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" Stiles asks.

"I'm here because I could use some help." He explains. "Actually, your help." He says looking at Scott and I.

"Why us?" Scott asks.

"Because 8 years ago, almost an entire family died in a car accident. One of the bodies, a young girl named Malia, was never found. There's enough evidence to have me thinking that a werewolf could have caused the accident and dragged her body away. If you could somehow get a lock on her scent, if you could somehow help me find her body, it might provide the missing clue." Stilinski explains.

"But what if it was a werewolf?" Stiles asks.

"Well, there's somebody out there that murdered an entire family, someone who still needs to be caught." He tells us, then my phone rings. Braeden.