Chapter 22

4x05

"So, the walcotts were the first.. At least the first we know about. Four murder- Sean, his brother and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called the mute; weapon of choice a military tomahawk. But then the mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Amy and Derek with a clay-more mine." Stiles' monologues and I visibly cringe. "Next up was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia lake house and got decapitated outside of his car."

"And then, last night, 23, Carrie Hudson." I add as we look at Stilinski.

"It's a deadpool, a hit list of supernatural creatures." Scott explains, pulling out a sheet of paper. "This is only part of it,, the rest still has to be decoded."

"Who found the list?" Stilinski asks.

"Lydia." Stiles immediately answers.

"How?" Stilinski sighs, not knowing whether he wants to know.

"She wrote it." Stiles tells him, then starts to ramble. "Actually, she transcribed it without realising it.

"Banshee?" Stilinski asks.

"Banshee." Stiles confirms.

"Beautiful." Stilinski mutters. "All right, what are these numbers next to the names?"

"We're getting to that. First, you need to know that the code was broken by a cipher key." Scott explains.

"Wait, you mean like a keyword?" Stilinski frowns.

"It's actually a name." Stiles trails off.

"Allison." I tell him and receive a sympathetic gaze. "Her name broke a third of the list and now we think there's two other cipher keys."

"Which will give us the rest of the names." Stilinski realises. "Okay, so how do we get the cipher keys?"

"Same way we got the code. Lydia." Stiles tells his father. "She's been at the lake house all weekend trying to find the other two key words."

"You didn't know about Demarco or Carrie?" He asks and we shake our heads. And what about these other two names on the list- uh Kayleen Bettcher and Elias town? They werewolves too?"

"I don't know.. But Deaton said the nemeton would draw supernatural creatures here." Scott sighs.

"Here being Beacon Hills, or beacon county? The population of Beacon Hills is just under 30,000-" Stilinski gets cut off.

"And dropping." Stiles grimly interjects, receiving a glare from the three of us.

"But if we're talking Beacon county, then you're looking close to 500,000." He lets out a huff of air and slumps down onto his seat. "Look, how many werewolves, Banshees, kitsunes and whatever the hell else is out there are we talking about? And what if the next cipher key uncovers not 12 names but 100?"

"We don't think there will be that many. There's a limit." Stiles tells him.

"Because of the numbers. We think that, once we decode the names, the number will add up to 142." Scott explains.

"142 what?" Stilinski frowns.

"Million." I sigh and rewrite k's and m's next to the numbers.

"142 million dollars, Dad-- Stolen from the Hale vault and is being used by someone to finance all these murders." Stiles stresses.

"Someone who wants every supernatural in Beacon Hills dead." Scott sighs.

"So the coded list goes out, and someone, these professional assassins get that list and then they go after the names on the list- they being killers with no mouths, tomahawks, thermo-cut wires that can take off your head.." Stilinski sighs as we look through the crime scene pictures.