Chapter 24

4x07, 4x08

"Really? A quarantine?" I ask walking up to the school grounds, next to Raf and Stilinski. "What's going on?"

"You want my opinion?" Stilinski asks and I nod. "I don't think the Orphans were the only professional killers in Beacon Hills."

"What if it's a virus used for taking out people on the list?" I ask them. "It's an easy way to kill people and you don't have to do any of it with them." My phone starts to ring and I see that it's Satomi. "Satomi, now isn't the greatest time." I sigh.

"Are you at the high school?" She asks over the phone.

"Yes, why?" I frown.

"The assassin used the virus to kill my pack." She answers.

"We think it's what is being used at the school." Melissa shouts in the background.

"Melissa?" I frown. "You guys really need to let me know what's going on."

"We don't know yet." Derek sighs. "Stay on the line."

"Okay." I sigh and look over to Lydia who's running to the school.

"Sheriff! Sheriff! Amy!" She shouts.

"Let her in." I tell the deputy and she rushes over to us.

"My mom's in there. What's happening?" She asks.

"She'll be fine, Satomi said it only works on supernaturals." I comfort, but it doesn't do much. "It took out an entire pack, we need to find out what it is." I tell Stilinski and he nods.

"I think I know what it is." I hear Deatons voice over the phone. "Unfortunately, if I'm right, Scott and the rest are infected? It's not good. They're going to die without an antidote."

"What is it?" I sigh, Lydia looks at me confused and I mouth Deaton to her and she nods.

"It's a variant of canine distemper." Deaton reveals.

"A few years ago, there was an outbreak in Yellowstone that killed 40% of the wolf population." I recall.

"What's it going to do to our wolf population?" Melissa asks.

"Well, it's been altered to infect quite a bit faster.." Deaton reveals.

"You mean it's been weaponized?" Derek scoffs.

"It affected my whole pack..." Satomi trails off, a solemn tone to her voice.

"Everyone except you." I tell her. "Did you not get infected? Or are you immune?"

"If your pack was infected, then who was doing all the shooting at the entrance to the woods?" Deaton asks, confused as to who it was.

"Apparently another assassin. Personally, I'd rather face a gun than a variant of smallpox." She sighs.

"Sounds like you're going to get plenty of chances." Melissa retorts and I withhold a chuckle. The line stays quiet for a short while and I check up on Stilinski and raf to see if they found anything.

"What kind of tea?" I hear Deaton ask.

"What?" Satomi asks him, confused.

"The tea with the smell, what kind was it?" Deaton questions.

"Reishi-- Wild purple reishi. It's very rare." Satomi reveals.

"It's also a powerful remedy for sickness. Satomi, you didn't get infected because you've been inoculated." Deaton explains.

"Okay, okay. How rare is it?" I ask the phone "Can we find it?"

"We don't have to. My mother kept some of it. It's in our vault." Derek tells me.