Chapter 27

6x08, 6x10

"Hey, how's my dad?" I ask Melissa as I walk over to the nurses station.

"The whip started an infection and if they cut into him, they'd make it worse." Melissa explains.

"You need the nine herbs that should heal him. I've got them in my car and we can-" I start to ramble.

"I know." She tells me. "And I used them to heal him."

"Thank you." I say and pull her in a hug, which she returns with a chuckle. I pull away and make my way to my dad's room, where I see him resting. I walk inside and place my hand on his, taking away any of the after pain he might be feeling.

"Hey." He mumbles.

"Hi, Dad." I say with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" He asks. "I told Scott to keep you out of everything."

"Really?" I ask with raised eyebrows. "Is that why you didn't tell me about the dread doctors or the beast?"

"You had a hard month, I wanted you to go back to some kind of normality." He tries to reason.

"I only left Beacon Hills because I felt like I had nothing left for me." I say honestly. "Yes, I had Scott and Stiles, but i'm not going to be that weird 27 year old who hangs out with teenagers."

"And for Peter." He adds, giving me a knowing look. "You had to get away from him."

"I guess." I shrug. "It was hard to know my soulmate chose power over me, but I got over it and I've accepted it."

"Amy.." He sighs sympathetically.

"I'm fine." I tell him. "Besides, I've already talked about all of this stuff and I've got it off my chest."

"Okay." He reluctantly signs, I turn around and see Malia approaching with an angry look on her face.

"I didn't know about Theo." I say defensively. "Liam said that Scott left him in charge and he needed help to stop the ghost riders."

"I'm not here for that." She dismisses. "I'm here to talk about Peter with Melissa and i want you to come with me."

"Okay." I nod my head and say bye to my dad, then walk over to Melissa.

"He has 3rd degree burns over 90 percent of his body. I should be telling you to say your goodbyes." Melissa tells us.

"It's Peter. I don't need to say goodbyes. I need you to fix him so we can find out what he knows about the wild hunt." Malia replies, no filter in her brain.

"Remember who you're dealing with. Your father is a ruthless conman who always has a devious plan to hurt everyone around him. What happens when he gets up out of that bed? You have a plan of your own?" Melissa questions both of us.

"I have a plan. I don't know if it's devious." She replies.

"At least it's a plan." Melissa shrugs and we walk over to his room, we stand outside of the plastic walls protecting Peter. "I can't promise this will work."

"You said he was dying anyway. What does he have to lose?" I ask.

"I can hear you. I'm not dead yet." Peter's voice came from inside the protective gear, we rolled our eyes and walked next to his bed. "I think they put that there to protect me. Glad to see you're obeying hospital protocols."

"Your daughter asked me to treat you." Melissa tells him.

"In exchange for what?" He asks, knowing there's always something in return.