Secrets Between Prisoners

Picture of Mikhail to the right :)

Enjoy the chapter! 

----------------------------------------------------

I sat next to Sasha re-chained to the wall. It had been a couple hours sense the whole me going a bit wolf had happened and I wasn’t sure what to say to her. She hadn’t tried to speak to me either and she had given up trying to get out of the handcuffs. I felt bad for having gotten her into this mess in the first place. I cleared my throat and turn my head to look at her, “I’m sorry about all of this.” I say apologetically. She looked towards me with a sad looking smile, “I know.” She reached out with her free hand towards me and I reached as far as I could towards her but our fingers only brushed each other. We both sighed in frustration before she looked away, “So this was your big secret eh? You’re a wolf girl?” She asks nonchalantly. 

Considering everything that had been happening she had been taking everything relatively well. I smirk, “Yeah I’m a wolf girl.” 

“So then these guys are like you?” She asks. I try to figure out the right way to answer that question, “Well yes, and no. They’re not nearly as sweet as me.” I give her wink trying to make light of the situation. She rolls her eyes at me. I try to move my arm because the position it’s hoisted up in is getting pretty uncomfortable, “They’re enforcers. Which means they makes sure everyone is keeping to the laws for the werewolf society. They also hunt down people and well—“ I shake my arms to make my point. 

Her eyes drift up towards her own chained up arm, “Yeah I get the point.” She replies dryly. It falls quiet between us for a bit and I expect her to ask me what I did to get us here but she doesn’t. “What did it mean when that guy called me his mate?” I look over at her and she’s biting her lip nervously. I try to think of a way to explain what that actually means because it’s pretty complex, “Uh—well I guess it mean that you’re his soul mate.” I watch her eyes widen, “His what?” 

I sigh, “It’s hard to explain. It’s a wolf thing. All you need to know is that guy believes you belong to him, which means he will do anything to keep you safe and alive. Which I wouldn’t say is a bad thing right now…” She snorts, “Well first of all I am not something a piece of property and If I’m his soulmate he’s got a funny way of showing it.” She jingles her arm around making the metal of the handcuffs hit the wall. I smirk at that, “Yeah no kidding…” I think back to the cold gaze of my mate as he had looked at me for the first time. 

Sasha is quiet for a while, “I guess while were sharing secrets and sense it looks like were going to be here awhile. It might be important for me to admit something to you.” She looks back to me still wearing a lazy expression. I watch her for as she closes her eyes and when she opens them they are entirely black. She closes them again and they go back to their normal blue. I’d never seen anything like that before, “What are you?” I ask surprised by her little show. 

“I’m a fey.” She says in a tired voice. When I look at her in confusion she sighs, “Also known as a fairy.”

“But aren’t they those little small creatures with wings that fly around in meadows and stuff?” I ask with curiosity. Sasha’s smile is more relaxed, “That’s all a bunch of myths. No, fairies are much different then history has painted them to be for the most part and just like everyone else there are good ones and bad ones.” I nod my head.