Take On Me

Mikhail was talking with Brandt and Dante when I exited the house. Dante was smoking a cigarette looking very displeased by whatever was being said. His eyes drifted over to me and I tried to force some kind of friendly expression. He looked away from me blowing out smoke. Okay so apparently some people still really didn’t care for me. I swallowed my nervousness and approached them trying to keep my head held high. That’s right Elena, look them in the eyes and let them know you mean business. The closer I got to them though the less brave I felt. Mikhail turned around to look at me and I jumped a little in surprise. 

“I said thirty minutes.” He commented his eyes skimming over my body quickly. Even though I know he wasn’t doing it to be sexual my body heated up and my cheeks turned red, “S-sorry. I had a little trouble with the shower…” That was the truth for whatever reason the stupid shower head broke off when I tried to re-adjust it to a better height. I mean I had ripped that thing clean out of the wall with very little effort. I was like the freaking hulk. Water had started shooting everywhere and I had freaked out not sure what to do until finally I realized I could just turn it off. Mikhail’s jaw clenched, “I’ll have someone look at it later.” He says. 

“You might want to make sure they have decent knowledge about welding—“ I say under my breath. He doesn’t say anything about my comment if he heard it. He puts his hands behind his back, “So after what I saw yesterday I’ve to make it my mission to teach you how to defend yourself.” I nod my head.

“Would you like to stretch or anything before we begin?” Mikhail asks me. I look back over to Dante and Brandt as if they’ll tell me what I should do but neither of them says anything. I sigh, “We can just start.” Mikhail nods his head and then reaches down for the bottom hem of his shirt. I watch the action with hungry eyes as he pulls it up his chest and over his head, tossing it onto the ground. I stare at his now naked chest and my heart-rate speeds up, “What are you doing?” I ask quickly. Mikhail starts stretching his arms over his head and I watch him, biting my lip as his muscles bulge in all the right ways. 

“I’m preparing for our practice match.” He says with little emotion. I can barely think straight at the sight of his naked skin. All I keep thinking is I want to lick him all over. I bite my lip harder to hold back a moan at the images racing through my mind, “Do you have to do that—You know—Without a shirt?” I motion towards his upper body, “It’s a little distracting.” I look over when I hear Dante snicker and Brandt cracks a tiny smile. Oh well, I’m glad other people find this funny. When Mikhail ignores my comment and continues to keep stretching I feel frustrated, “Fine. If you are going to be shirtless, then so am I.” I say as I reach for the bottom of the shirt that was two sizes to big for me. 

Mikhail’s head snapped up in my direction his eyes looking very heated, “Don’t you dare.” 

“Are you going to put your shirt back on then?” I ask raising an eyebrow. Mikhail growls, “Of course not. The fabric keeps me from being able to move freely.” I stare at him my eyes narrowing, “So what you get to have an advantage over me? No way! If you are doing it shirtless than so am I.” I grab onto the hem and start to lift it. Honestly, I really did not want to fight shirtless but I also didn’t want to back down either. I really was in some kind of pickle. Dante let’s out a very loud laugh, “Bless the Moon Goddess. She gave you just what you deserved Mikhail.” 

I wasn’t sure if the was supposed to be a compliment or not but Mikhail let out a growl in his direction and Dante shut up but he kept a smile planted on his lips. Mikhail focused his gaze on me, “You will not lift that shirt an inch higher Elena. That’s an order.” I felt a shiver run through me at the demanding sound of his voice. My wolf seemed to lower herself into submission and that awed me for a moment but lucky for me my wolf and I weren’t as connected as most werewolves were. 

I let out a snort, “Is that so?” I lift the shirt a little higher exposing some of the skin on my stomach, “I’ll consider it if you put your shirt back on.” Mikhail’s eyes are focused the skin I’ve revealed and I watch as his eyes light up with desire but he peels his eyes away and looks into my eyes. I swallow hard feeling like I had made a mistake to poke at him like that. I should have just listened to him but it was to late to go back now. His muscles tense up and I can see a dark desire in his eyes one I’m not sure doesn’t involve giving me some pain. 

I let go of the shirt and hold my hands up, “Mikhail…” I say his name in a voice that I hope sounds reasonable. His lips pull back into a wicked smirk revealing his sharp canines. “You better hope you run fast girly.” Dante says to me before he takes a drag from his cigarette.  That comment didn’t really instill confidence in me. I let out a nervous laugh and take a step back, “I was only kidding around. See my shirt is still on.” I pull at the fabric of the shirt. Mikhail doesn’t say anything he just watches me with the eyes of a predator. 

Okay think fast Elena or you’re going to end up as dog chow. Plan A, I can stand my ground or—Mikhail let’s out a fierce growl—Plan B it is. Run away. I spun on my hells and push my feet off the ground in the opposite direction of the Enforcers. My legs and arms were pumping as fast as I could get them to go. I can say one thing for myself I had definitely become a fast runner over the years I’d spent in hiding. I didn’t need to look over my shoulder to know that Mikhail was following me but the curiosity to find out how close he was got the better of me. I looked over my shoulder to see that Mikhail was almost within grabbing distance. My eyes widen in surprise as he launched himself at me. 

We both went down hard into the dirt. I went face first with Mikhail’s arms wrapped around my waist. I got a mouthful of dirt and quickly spit it out as I tried to get out from under Mikhail. He quickly crawled up my body and I started to thrash around trying to fight him off I threw my head back hard. It collided with his nose and I heard the crack before he cursed and tumbled off my body. I got up off the ground as fast I could to find Mikhail holding his nose, blood running down his face. My eyes widen, “Oh my god. I’m so sorry.” His eyes narrow on me and he pulls his hand back wiping away the blood with the back of it. This is it he’s going to kill me, “It was an accident. I swear.” I hold up my hands. 

He rolled his neck and then his shoulders before he crouched forward, “I won’t go easy on you because you’re my mate.” I swallow hard as I stare into his eyes and I know he’s not kidding. If you’re listening to me, I would appreciate some help. I say to my wolf and hope she feels willing or else I’m about to get my ass handed to me by one big bad—to hot for his own good Enforcer.