What If a Spy Was One of Us?

“Are you freaking kidding me?!” Gideon pushes back from the table standing up. Sasha spun around quickly in surprise and then laughed nervously, “Hey, wolfy.” She says trying to sound relaxed. I am trying to keep from face palming. Sure we had meant to find them but this hadn't been the exact way I wanted to talk to them about it. I look around the table at all the faces and they look like they’re all on the verge of freaking out on us, and I can’t blame them for the way we burst in like that. 

I notice that Victor is at the table he is looking at us without any suspicion. I watch him lean over and whisper something into the ear of the older gentleman next to him. The man looks at me with a curiosity as Victor talks to him and I wonder what he could be saying. A couple of the other men at the table stand up, “Protect the Alpha—“ One of them says. Another man stand up near the older gentleman, “Elder—“ And I know now that we’ve really put ourselves into the dog house this time. Shit!

I don’t have a moment to think before I hear voices outside, “They ran in there!” I hear someone say and I know our pursuers have found us. Double shit! I turn away from the table and face the door but Sasha keeps her back to the door, it’s like we’re in some kind of stand off. The door bursts open revealing a big muscular man and the Beta, and he looks down right ready to murder me. I know he’s going to attack me but before I can even react he his fist comes colliding to the side of my face with so much force that I go right down to the ground. I don’t have a moment to adjust before he has his hand around my throat and is lifting me up off the ground. 

My airway feels restricted and I squirm in his hold, “You stupid whore! I’ll kill you! That’s the last time you’ll make a fool of me!” He yells in my face as I claw at the hand around my neck. His hand tightens and I narrow my eyes on him, “Go. to. hell.” I say through gasping breaths as I kick out with my right foot as hard as I can right to his junk. He let’s go of me and I fall to the ground like a sack of potatoes, coughing and gasping for air. He’s on the ground in front me groaning and holding himself, “I’ll. Kill. You.” He growls between breaths at me. 

“Creep if you don’t let go of me I’ll break your arms off and beat you to death with them!” Sasha growls. I look over to find the muscular man is holding tight, her arms pinned to her sides. A low menacing growl echoes through the room, “If you don’t put her down and step away, you’ll really wish you had.” Gideon sounds deadly serious. The muscular man hesitates for a moment and then does what Gideon asked him to do. He takes a slow step back and Sasha spins quickly lifting her leg as she did and gave him a good spinning kick to the side of his head. He goes down with a grunt.

A laugh echoes through the room followed by some soft clapping, “Quite amusing—“ I look towards the voice and the older gentleman near victor is standing now, “Now I’m curious why we have a Fey locked up beside a—“ his eyes flicker to me, “Rogue.” The room falls quite for a moment and then erupts into voices. Everyone astonished by the fact that I’m a rogue and that the Enforcers had seemed to already knew that. One of the wolves, “Why didn’t you kill her? She’s a rogue isn’t she? Isn’t it your job to keep the law? What is so special about her? Unless she’s your whore!” His words are followed by others agreeing with him. It makes me feel angry that they would think I’m only good for some kind of cheap pet. 

“You don’t talk about my friend that way bud, or I’ll cut that tongue out of your mouth!” Sasha says jabbing her finger at the one who had called me a whore. I push myself up off the ground slowly but this only seems to be met with suspicion as If I’m readying myself for an attack. “Elder!” One of the wolves takes a step towards us aggressively. Mikhail seems to have had enough with everyone and lets out a very loud growl, “They are with us and if anyone has a problem with that then you can fight me.” He says standing up from the table next to Gideon who has yet to back down. The Alpha stands up, “How do you know she’s not some kind of spy? She could be working with them and could be leading them right to us!” Mikhail and the Alpha face over over the table but before it can come to anything serious the Elder lets out another laugh, “Everyone calm down.”