Enforce This!

Image of Victor to the right.

Enjoy the new chapter! :)

---------------------------------------------------------

Victor wasn’t at all like the other enforcers. The others were rude, and threatening but he seemed to be gentle and welcoming. It was odd to even think of him as enforcer at all. He was currently giving me a tour of the rest of the house and explaining you know the in and outs of what it meant to a prisoner. Basically is was just a giant list of if you want to continue to live don’t do these things. I was surprised I wasn’t going to have to ask permission for every breath I took. There were a couple rules that I was without a doubt not going to follow like the fact that I was supposed to call Mikhail, Enforcer Mikhail. It was the proper way of doing things in werewolf society to call people by titles if they had them. Alpha, elder, beta, Enforcer…I think you get the idea. However, since I was never really apart of the whole title system I wasn’t about to start abiding by it. Plus where they going to start calling me rogue Elena? I certainly hoped not. 

Victor pauses in front of double doors that I had passed by when I had gone up the stairs earlier with Mikhail. He gives me a very serious look, “Without a doubt, never go in this room unless you are asked or given permission.” I looked towards the doors with curiosity, “Why what’s inside?” 

“Just promise me you won’t go there Elena.” Victor presses me and I look to him, “Okay fine. I promise.” He gives a long look until he feels like I get the point and then turns leading me back towards the main room.

“Also you won’t be allowed outside of the house unless you are accompanied by one of us.” He says as he points to another glass door which I suspect leads outside. “Unfortunately we can’t allow you to shift either, considering…” he seems a bit apologetic about that last bit. I shrug my shoulders, “Fine by me.” I respond casually. My statement seems to throw him off for a moment but thankfully that the end of the tour. Which made me realize I was basically allowed to go to my room, the bathroom and the main room. I sighed when we ended back up in the gathering room. I didn’t wait for his go ahead, I walked over and plopped down on one of the couched feeling worn down after all the events of the past couple of days. 

Victor took a seat next to me on the couch, “I apologize for Mikhail’s rudeness towards you earlier. You have to understand in our line of work we’ve seen terrible things and he knows better than any of us what rogue wolves are capable of.” I understand that he is trying to make me feel better and the fact that he would even attempt is enough to tell me he is different then the rest of them. I nod my head, “I get it. It’s not like I’m could blame any of you for your desire to hang my head over the mantled fireplace.” I try to make a joke as I usually do when things feel too serious. Victor chuckles beside me but doesn’t say anything to refute my statement. 

“You know you’re different the other enforcers.” I comment as I turn my face toward him. His hair is longer then the other hanging down around his chin so he can tuck it behind his ears. He’s sporting facial hair but I think if he shaved it off he’d probably have one of those baby faces. He looks to me his eyes meeting mine in a thoughtful way, “You think so?” He smirks a bit as if amused by my statement, “Perhaps I’m just better at tricking unsuspecting girls into thinking I’m a nice guy.” He suggests and for a moment his words seems to hold a hint of darkness but they’re hard to believe. I smile, “Yeah right…” I say looking away from him, “You’ve been the first one to step up for me every time someone has made a go at me so far. That must mean something…”