𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝖔𝖓𝖊

Interview

"I'm so glad you could make this interview work Hero." The man says shaking the actors hand. They both sit down in their chairs opposite to each other the lights of the lamps shining on them brightly as if they wanted to expose every secret of him. Originally he didn't want this interview but Gordon said it would be good for publicity and to finally clear up the rumors. "The pleasure is all mine." Hero says smoothly intertwining his hands so no one would see if they'd start to tremble. "Let's begin with the smaller questions should we."
"Go ahead."
"So we all know your acting career boomed after you got casted for the first movie of Anna Todd and now that the second one is done filming do you have any future plans regarding your career? Or your life in general?"
Hero internally sighs this is really an easy question no need to be nervous.
"Actually I was going to lay low don't get me wrong I love working with Anna and I'm really grateful for getting the role as Hardin Scott but as long as I am not getting offers from any other film productions I'm probably going to have a small journey or a road trip with friends."
"When you say friends do you include your costar Josephine?" Hero noticed that he lead the interviewer in the direction he wanted to be in. This is not going to end well for him and he knew it from the beginning. He slides on the chair uncomfortably and tries to focus on the question. "Yes I do include Jo she's been a pretty amazing actor to work with and she helped me a lot."
"What do you mean with helping?"
"Jo is really great at acting and especially in emotional scenes she has this aura that consumes the whole set and it's easier for a beginner like me to get into the vibe of the scene." The interviewer nods satisfied with the answer and goes through the small cards he has in his hands. "A lot of questions I noticed on the internet were regarding the situation with your ex girlfriend April and some complications with your manager?"
"I noticed that as well and I'm glad you addressed it because I think there is some kind of misunderstanding. Gordon is a great manager he helped me a lot with my carrier as well and he did never say or do something which I didn't approve." Not really big things. Hero adds in his thoughts.
"April and I are adults who can handle a break up and no I didn't cheat on her if that's what you wanted to ask next. There where complications between us that we couldn't overcome and we decided to call it quits. We're still friends though which I think is good because we're both friends with Khadijha and it would be pretty bad for us to not get along." Hero high fives himself internally because he knew he answered perfectly and dodged any traps. Even though his heart started to beat faster at her name and his hands got sweaty he managed to stay calm on the outside. The video of Madison flashed in his mind where April screamed the lyrics of your name hurts. How can she even sing those lyrics that describe his position so perfectly while she's being in a relationship with this Chase pokes? Or was ist stokes?
He tries to concentrate on the interviewer again who was clearing his throat.
"So there are no hard feelings between you two? Isn't it weird to be with her in a room ? I mean I wouldn't blame you it's just been two and a half months."
"It isn't like that between us. We're good."
The interviewer doesn't seem to be satisfied with the answer and tries to dig deeper. "Why did you fly to South Carolina then?"
"For Khadijha maybe you know that she's in a relationship with Madison and at this time she was nervous and wanted me to come with her."
Someone gets in the studio and interrupts the next question of the interviewer. Hero recognizes Gordon and sighs immediately, it was getting hard to answer questions about April.
"Remember what we wanted you to be focused on. Hero and Jo." Gordon snaps at the interviewer who nods and immediately changes the small notes in his hands. Gordon gives Hero a nod indicating that he's bees doing good so far.
"Cameras rolling." The man behind the camera says and the interviewer starts talking again. "The last question that lays on our hearts is are you and Jo together?"
Hero taps his fingers against his chair waiting a few seconds to get some tension into the air. That's what Gordon told him to do.
"Yes we are together." Hero smiles letting out a small chuckle. "We don't know how but it happened. It came unexpected but maybe that's why it was so overwhelming." The interviewer has a satisfied smile on his face clearly believing Hero's words. What the interviewer doesn't know is that Hero practiced this two sentences for the past weeks in the mirror to look as believable as possible. "Well thanks for stopping by us Hero it was nice to talk to you." They both shake hands and Hero tries to leave the studio as fast as possible while looking calm. When he stands outside and waits for Gordon he takes a deep breath trying not to get a panic attack. He instinctively grabs his phone opening the chat of him and April. He doesn't understand her motives or her feelings. He thought he'd know everything about her but this Chase guy doesn't fit into the whole puzzle. He quickly types in a message but doesn't get the chance to send it when someone claps his shoulder. He quickly locks the phone and puts it into his back pocket. "Congratulations you did perfectly." Gordon says beside him and Hero manages a sad smile. "Not this again Hero. You need to forget about her she isn't good for you."
"Good for me or my career?" He shoots back making Gordon go silent. "Come on let's celebrate your interview maybe that'll get you in a different mood." Gordon pushes Hero lightly towards the car who sighs and gets in not saying another word.