Chapter Three|Unlucky Number

George was insufferable. He was an adorable, funny, awesome, insufferable idiot who Dream would probably die for without hesitation.

But George really knows how to push his buttons. The bad and the good ones. Dream swears that guy is like a beginner Mortal Combat player. No, not even that. A beginner Supper Smash Bros player.

He shook his head in frustration as he read over the terms of their 'contract'. George was being way too skeptic. I mean, Dream supposes he has a right to be, considering Dream himself is also sceptical. All George has to do is say "I love you Dream". Those are Dreams only terms.

Take a copy of the bottom left of Dream's screen for comparison.

1. Dream video calls George for MINIMUM 30 seconds
2. Dream's camera must be centered on Dream's face for the entire 30 seconds
3. George will look into the camera and say with meaning "I love you Dream"
4. No filters of any kind video/audio are allowed
5. Dreams face must be fully visible at all times. All parts of his face must be visible
6. Dream must also subject to a 360 of his head

"Dude I'm not gonna do a 360 of my head- this isn't Google Street View." George choked on his saliva, chuckling. Dream was watching his stream to see his reaction, and the look of pure joy and disbelief on his face has Dream on the edge of his own seat. George's smile is contagious and his laughter is even more so.

"Okay, 180 then." Dream face palmed, chuckling.

"George, no. Just. Do you agree with the terms, minus rule six?" Dreams heart was beating out of his chest as he watched George scan thoroughly through the terms, and it just got worse and worse as they went back and forth asking one another if they agree with the terms.

Eventually, the feeling of anxiety grew to the point where Dream needed to do breathing exercises if he wanted it to get better. He let out a breathy laugh as George left because he wanted to wash his sweaty hands before we called.

Once Dream sat back down, he had already come up with the perfect way to get out of his side of the deal.

I know this sounds like a douchebag move, but you have to understand it from Dream's perspective.
He loves George, as more than a friend. He loves almost everything about him, even the shit that annoys him and pisses him off.

Dream thinks he's the closest to perfect anyone can ever be.

But if he sees Dream, and he realizes that Dream's nowhere near the same level as him, the same beauty, the same charm, then he'll know he doesn't feel the same way. He looks so exited, waiting for Dream to respond to him, to agree, to let him see him and judge him.

And Dream's scared. So scared, that if Dream wasn't very closely monitoring his breathing, Dream had a feeling his emotions would tip over the edge and take complete control of the situation. Completely fuck it up for Dream. So Dream has to control it instead. Not George, not his insecurity, Dream.

"Do you agree to the terms, George?" Dream asked one last time.

"I- Yes. I agree to the terms." George seems nervous. He swallowed after he said this, his Adams apple bobbing and showing the excitement he had, all for the chance to see Dream's face.

"Okay. Hold on a sec let me turn off the lights." Dream got up and walked over to the switch, turning it off and walking back to his laptop and headset, seeing George's bewildered and unbelieving facial expression.

"No! You can't do that!"

"Dude it's like, pitch black in here, there's not even a window." Dream said, laughing near the end at George's distress.

"Chat! Chat, side with me here, he can't do that right??" George asked, frantically looking to the chat for answers.

Someone donated, ratting Dream out for disobeying the 5th term, that his face must be fully visible. He cursed under his breath, and the mic didn't pick him up. And just like that Dream saw his way out.

"Fine, Fine, fully visible." And just like that Dream called him. He looked like he was trying to see anything he could, and he got a little frustrated with Dream, because he realized he was covering his camera with his finger.

"C'moooon Dream."

"Hang on! Dang George." I chuckled, before showing a painting my sister did of my YouTube icon.

"He's just showing a picture of his YouTube icon." George explained to chat.

"What do you mean? That's my face!" I said, acting like I was actually showing him to confuse chat.

After the thirty seconds, George kept complaining, trying to get me to apologise. And so I did, but with an attitude.

"I'm sorry that you don't have enough love in your heart to tell me you love me." I said, actually a little bit genuine. It was kind of upsetting how much he just wanted to see Dream's face. He wasn't some mystery to be solved here.

"Well I'm sorry you don't have enough love in your heart to show me what you look like." He retaliated with. At this point, Dream was starting to get genuinely upset.

All Dream was getting from George right now is that the only thing he wants from him is to see what he looks like. As if it will make Dream better or worse to him.

Dream doesn't know why he can't just stay same old dream until he doesn't have a choice. Until three weeks from now when him, Sapnap, BadBoyHalo and George are moving in together. Can't George just give him three more weeks? Why is that so much to ask for?

"Well I'm sorry you care more about my looks than you do about how much I care about you."

With a rage induced panic just on the edges of Dream's senses, he left the team speak.