Chapter Twenty Nine|Real

Dream woke up to his alarm, just like he intended to. He turned off the blaring noise, glad to see George hadn't even stirred in his sleep.

Dream was tempted to fall asleep again, still in George's warm, trusting embrace. But he managed to give George a pillow to cuddle with instead, slipping away and out of the room with a deep breath in and out.

When he felt less like his face would catch on fire any second, he walked downstairs and screeched at the sight.

Bad was awake, and he had somehow managed to scare the absolute shit out of Dream.

"Gotcha back." Bad grinned, and Dream's face was one of anger for a second before he 'humphed.

He heard a toilet flush and stared awkwardly at Sapnap as he walked out immediately after.

"What?" He asked, an eyebrow raised. Dream crossed his arms.

"Wash your hands, idiot." He said, and Sapnap groaned before he went back in and did so.

"Soo, why were you both awake? This early, too?" Dream looked up, eyebrow raised. He was genuinely confused.

"Well, we were going to wake you up but uhh..." Bad seemed to blush a bit. Dreams eyes widened.

"Shit." Bad smacked him, puffing up his cheeks.

"Language. I think Nick might have taken a picture, but I don't know-" Sapnap came back out, seeming a bit pissed.

"Hey! Snitches get stitches, Darryl." Sapnap recited, and Dream turned on him like a cornered animal.

"Listen, he did it in his sleep, okay? We were just scrolling through Twitter and he fell asleep and then started to cuddle me unconsciously. I don't want him to wake up and be embarrassed because of it." Dream said, panting a little by the end of it.

Sapnap blinked at him. He got out his phone and let Dream watch him delete the photo, and Dream's legs almost buckled with relief.

"Thank you, Nick." Dream said, and the name tasted strange on his tongue. Foreign.

"You know you can come to us for advice, right?" Sap said, and Dream felt the blush rising to his face.

"Wh- what?" He asked, and his body language was conveying confusion and shock in it's purest form.

"You like George." Sap and Bad said at the same time like it was a fact. And, well, it was.

"Well- I-I mean, I-" Dream was having trouble forming words. It felt so surreal, talking about this without being shamed for it.

"Dude, relax. We don't think of you any differently or anything. Just know if you ever need any advice on how to tell him, were here."

Dream burst into tears, smiling and laughing. He wasn't being shamed for who he was. They both supported him for who he was.

He smiled shakily, pulling them into a three-way hug, sobbing into their shoulders, happiness and shock washing over him in waves.

They don't see him differently.

---

"Hey, I think we should go do something today. Maybe go to the furniture store? The three of us?" Bad suggested, and Dream was a bit confused.

"The three of us?" Dream asked, and Sapnap seemed on board with it.

"Well, George hasn't gotten his stuff yet, so he doesn't know if he wants to buy anything else yet, right?" Bad said, and Dream realized that yeah, that makes sense.

"Kay. Just let me go change into something." Dream said, but he grabbed a notepad, writing something so George would know where they're going.

He went to his room, smiling at the sight of George cuddled into his pillow. He placed the note on the nightstand for him to see when he woke up, going to the closet and grabbing a pair of light wash jeans and a white t-shirt to go under a pastel green and light grey windbreaker.

After pulling on his vans, he couldn't resist checking on George one more time before he left for the store with the other two.

He looked at George through the morning light, his pretty face illuminated by the rising sun. He looked perfect.

He went over to him, placing a kiss on his forehead before walking to the door, looking back one more time.

He closed the door quietly, walking downstairs to where bad and Sap were waiting. Sapnap called shotgun, even though Dream was convinced that Bad couldn't care less where he sat as long as he was with them.

---

Dream pulled up to the rooms to go, cringing a bit as bad jumped out of the car excitedly. He made eye contact with Sapnap, and they rolled their eyes in sync as they got out too.

"This place is huge!" Bad exclaimed, and Dream couldn't help but smile a bit at him. He had to admit, this place was pretty big.

They all walked in together. The plan was to have the furniture delivered to the house if any of it was too big to fit in the car.

Dream immediately went to the lighting section, Bad going to the decor and Sappy going to the furniture.

He smiled as his eyes caught on a box of led light strips. Wait, those weren't long enough. He had measured the perimeter of his roof since that was where he'd be sticking them.

After what felt like forever, he finally found some in around the right length. They could change twenty different colors, and it came with a remote to do so. He was satisfied as he put them in his cart, before going back to where Bad was, only to find Sappy there too.

Bad was explaining something to Sapnap when Dream got there, and he was a bit upset when he found out they were arguing whether or not Dream should be paying.

As Dream watched them bicker, he realized something he, arguably, should have a long time ago.

These friends of his, they... They weren't fake names behind a screen anymore. They were people. Real people who cared about him. Real, genuine people.

"Thank you, Darryl. Thanks, Nick." He said, and the names rolled off his tongue like butter as the two turned to look at him.

He could wait to get to know them as Darryl and Nick, rather than BadBoyHalo and Sapnap.

First chapter of the day.