Chapter Twenty Five|Ice Cream

George didn't know what to do.

After breakfast, which was amazing by the way, he and Dream climbed back into his car, and he honestly thought his heart was beating two times as fast or something. Eventually, it was easier to ignore.

After about two minutes on the road, George realized that they were not heading towards the house, but instead the opposite direction. He had a moment of happiness at the fact that he and Dream were actually going to hang out longer, but it was laced with confusion.

"Dream? Where are you taking us?" George asked, turning away from where he had previously been looking out the window of the steadily moving car.

Speaking of the car, Dream's was nice. It wasn't over the top or anything, more... Expensive enough to be extremely comfortable.

Dream probably didn't eat in this car; It was missing the familiar smell of fried food like the car George used to have. George used to rent a vehicle, but there are certain rules when you leave the country, and he ended up having to stop renting it, annoyingly.

"We're going to get Ice Cream." Dream stated. George felt a grin spread across his face at the thought of creamy candy floss flavored goodness.

It took all of Dreams willpower to keep his eyes on the road instead of George's happy smile. He ended up sneaking a few glances anyway.

Dream was focused on the road when the light rain started, and George seemed pleasantly surprised by it. Dream was indifferent.

The rain was nice. It gave a rhythmic array of tapping that arguably made George want to hum to it, and Dream wanted to record it so he could listen to it later, while he was trying to sleep.

It had picked up little by little and by the time they got to the ice cream shop, a place called cold stone creamery, George and Dream were at the threat of getting soaked. Dream felt his heart flutter and his stomach kick as he ran laughing with George to the door, trying not to get completely drenched.

Dream pushed the door open for George, who pouted in return, making the taller male laugh a little bit.

They walked up to the counter, with two employees on hand, and asked for their flavors. George couldn't tell the flavors by colors, so he leaned up to ask Dream about his.

"Do they have Candy Floss flavor?" Dream looked down at him, George hated the fact that he was taller, confusion painted on his expression.

Then he seemed to realize something. Dream chuckled, leaning down a bit to talk to the smaller male.

"In the US, it's called cotton candy. It's right here." He said, pointing. He looked like a happy teacher as he saw George's look of confusion change to understanding.

"Can I get two medium-sized cups, mine with a banana pudding flavor and his with cotton candy?" Dream asked, standing straight again to address the man at the counter. He smiled pleasantly as he got to work.

"When we get it, can I try yours?" George asked him, and Dream couldn't say no to him if he wanted to.

"It depends on how good it is." Dream said, his eyebrow quirking as the man asked about toppings. He asked for crushed nuts and vanilla wafers, and George asked for cake crumbles and dehydrated marshmallows.

They sat down near the wall of the small yet cozy ice cream parlor, both smiling as they took small bites of their sweet treats.

"So, can I try some? You can have some too." George asked, pushing his ice cream towards dream. Dream grabbed two separate tasting spoons to try it and then throw away.

Dream and George's eyes lit up at almost the same time as they tried each other's sweet treats.

"This is super good!" George exclaimed, causing Dreams heart to melt a little bit, not unlike the ice cream as he leaned on his palm and watched the boy's happiness, a dreamy-eyed stare you could say.

"This isn't half bad." Dream said, and George just smiled at him, expression saying 'come on, you know that it's better than that'.

"Come on, you know it's awesome." Dream nearly choked from how spot on he was, playing it off as a laugh and wiping his face a little.

"I mean, I don't know if I'd buy it myself, but it's pretty good." Dream amended, sliding it back over to the boy while he did the same.

He continued to lap up his own banana-flavored goodness, making small talk with the prettiest boy he had ever seen, his smile never coming to a halt.

It was perfect.

They both eventually finished their ice cream, much to Dreams disappointment. He asked for the same flavors in two pints so he could eat them at home, and George seemed ecstatic as Dream placed the heavy bag in his hands.

He and Dream ran to the car again, the rain being light but still slightly annoying. Plus, in Texas, if you get wet, you stay wet.

"Thank you, Dream." George said, a shy smile on his face as they got back into the car, and Dream's surprised expression softened into something sweet.

"It's my treat, George." He said sincerely, his happiness warm in his chest as he saw the boy blush a bit as he nodded and avoided eye contact.

George was his treat. Dream loved being around him, and he loved watching him smile and laugh along with his jokes. He loved the way that he stammered when he was embarrassed. He loved the way his face flushed when he was angry. He loved the way his laughter soothed his soul.

He loved this boy with all his heart, and he'd be damned if he never got to say it before he died.

But today isn't the day.

Dream started the car, the rumble of the engine and the patter of the rain uniting into a natural beat that accompanied his heart's.

Second chapter of the day.