Chapter Fifteen|Shopping

Unlike the last car ride, the music selection was very swiftly becoming chaotic. Sapnap kept trying to play rap, and it was so drastically different from the music Bad and Dream were listening to that it clashed in a beautiful way, making Dream and Bad laugh out loud from the whiplash occasionally.

It took about twenty minutes to get to the closest mall with good ratings, and as Dream parked his car and climbed out, he could see why.

The place was absolutely huge, and the busiest place he'd seen since everything was closed down to prevent the pandemic from spreading.

"You guys have your masks, right?" Dream said, slipping on his washable and reusable black mask.

"Yup." Bad verified after watching Sapnap pull on a disposable blue medical mask and pulling one on himself.

"You know, I can't describe with words how inconvenient but necessary these masks are for someone who wears glasses." Bad started, and Dream could tell that this was gonna be a medium-sized rant.

"I mean, you can't see without your glasses on, right?" He said, motioning to his own glasses while Dream and Sapnap both nodded, both half listening.

"Well, with the mask on, look." And as Dream and Bad turned to him, they heard him sigh and watched as his glasses fogged up completely white.

They just sat there for a second before they both burst out laughing together. Bad seemed confused before he lifted up his glasses to at least see a little clearer. When he saw that this made them laugh harder, he couldn't help but grin.

"Oh- Oh my god I feel so bad for you-" Dream held back a cough, fear spiking in him for a moment, before the urge faded, and he was relieved.

"I know right! It's terrible." Bad said, crossing his arms and pouting after putting his glasses back on, and Dream insisted on waiting for his glasses to defog.

---

Okay, so Dream may or may not have lost the other two in the mall. But hey, they can do them. This way at least they're paying for their own stuff. Sapnap would call him eventually to complain. The thought made dream smile a bit.

Right now, dream was in a Zumiez, looking at a pastel green vaporwave themed crop top. It said 'Are you sure you want to delete all feelings?' in a glitched-out computer pop up, with a glitched out scull with a pistol positioned at the temple of it.

Dream wished he could wear crop tops without at least a little bit of fear, but he couldn't, because of his past decisions. But dream wouldn't let it stop him this time. He just needed to wear it over a long sleeve shirt of some kind, or even a white button-up; He'd seen people do that before.

Dream has been wanting to try a pastel/soft look for a while now. He bought a pair of high waisted ripped grey jeans about a week ago, and he was able to grab a pair of white and a pair of black fishnet leggings for later when he felt like wearing them. He was happy to report that the Jeans were high waisted enough to cover his scar without trouble.

Dream grabbed another crop top, this one is a striped long sleeve button up in the pastel colors blue and green. He already had a pair of white and green checkered Vans at home to go with the outfits.

As Dream was walking to the counter he snagged another crop top, this one just a black cropped hoodie with a checkered pattern down the sleeves and a red rose on the back.

It was while Dream was grabbing a new belt that he got the call from Sapnap. He knew it would happen, and he answered it, smiling to himself a bit.

"What's up Nick? Tired of buying your own stuff?" Dream asked, and he could hear Sapnap's pout.

"Haha, very funny. I and bad are going to meet up at the food court in half an hour. Will you be there?" Sapnap asked, and Dream nodded before realizing that he was a dumbass.

"Yeah, I'll be there. See you." And he hung up, looking setting a timer for fifteen minutes while he looked around the earrings section. He found some cute little knife hanging earrings, and then also grabbed a pair of cloud ones, and ones with red skulls.

As he finally walked out of the store a good one hundred dollars down, his alarm went off, and he went off in search of a map.

---

He was five minutes earlier than he thought he would be, and Dream just sat at a table, looking around. The food court was pretty big, and they had a larger variety of foods than most malls. An ice cream roll place caught his eye, and Dream went up to it with a smile, his confidence boosted as he saw the cute boy working there blush a little.

"Hmm.. can I get the banana-flavored ice cream rolls please?" Dream asked, licking at his lips a little. He had a soft spot for banana-flavored things.

"Sure, coming right up." The cute boy said, winking at him, and Dream felt a small frown slip onto his face. He didn't want to give this boy the wrong message, but it seemed like he had.

"Here ya go. Would you like some napkins with that?" The boy asked, and Dream could tell he just wanted him to say yes, so Dream shook his head no, and wandered off to find Sap and Bad.

Usually, he would've taken the number written on the napkin, and maybe gotten a new friend out of it. But this time, he couldn't.

He knew the boy would try to win a spot outside of the friend zone, and right now, Dream didn't think he could handle that.

Who would want to be friends with someone who was due to be dead in less than three months?