Chapter Seventeen|Outfits snd Rooms

Bad seemed to vibrate in excitement as dream slowly made his way down the stairs, and when he finally saw his outfit, he grinned.

"I can remember a year ago when any picture of you I got was you in a sweatshirt-" He started, and Dream cut him off with a laugh.

His new outfit felt really good to wear. The pastel striped shirt fit well on him, especially with the long sleeves and familiar color pallet. He had worn his grey and ripped high waisted jeans with white fishnet leggings under it, along with his little cloud earrings.

"Looking fresh, Dream." Sapnap said from his spot on the couch. He had made fun of Dream for wanting to do a 'Fashion show' for Bad, but when he saw how it upset Bad, he stopped.

"Thanks, man." Dream said sarcastically. He smiled at Bad, who seemed... Strangely emotional.

He posed for Sapnap to take a picture before he went up and changed into his second crop top, the vaporwave one, and skull earrings.

The last outfit was the most different, with his black fishnets under his ripped black skinny jeans, and a new checkerboard belt that hung off a little at the waist. He put chains on his belt loops, and then threw on a skin-tight black and white striped tank top, tucking it in to hide his scar. Then he put on the new crop top hoodie and the knife earrings.

Sapnap seemed to really like this one, grinning at him and taking three different photos. He got a hug from Bad, which he accepted with some confusion.

"Oh, I have an idea!" Bad said, his expression lighting up as he put a hand on his waist, pointing to Sapnap and Dream.

"You guys have forty minutes to clean up your rooms, and then it's time for room tours!" Dream and Sapnap blinked at him before Dream ran up to his room, Sapnap following.

Dream quickly hung up his new clothes, looking at the full closet and thinking about donating some old clothes he never wore anymore to Sapnap, before he remembered that this wasn't the task at hand and that he should probably be tidying everything up.

He unpacked one of his boxes, the one full of stuff for his shelf, putting the fanart and things in their places and hanging a couple of things on his walls.

He very quickly put together his gamer setup, almost alarmingly fast actually. His light strips were already on his desk since they were adhesive. Plus, all his cords were already bundled up to be the right lengths to not look messy, so basically, all he had to do was plug everything in and put everything in the right places.

He couldn't deny, his two monitors looked awesome. The green lighting strips basically changed the whole room to a faint green, and his light-up keyboard and PC coolers helped with this. He thought about getting more strips to put on the underside of his bed to make it glow, the same with his hanging mirror.

And before he knew it, it was time to show off.

Bad went first since he was the one to suggest it. His room was smaller than Dream's, but it felt cozier. He had a dark chocolate brown and black color scheme, making it seem dark, but the hanging plants hung up around the room made it feel homey and warm. Plus, the apple pie scented candles helped make this room feel more comfortable than any he'd been in for a while.

Then it was Sapnap. His room was.. Very empty. He had a pretty generic queen-sized bed, and it seemed like his colors were burnt orange and dark grey, and Dream was surprised at how nice it looked. Other than the bed, he had a pretty generic setup and a couple of posters, but that was it.

"... We should go furniture shopping." Bad offered, and Dream nodded along with Sapnap. Then it was his own room.

Dream had a generic white and dark brown theme, but his light-up gaming setup spiced it up, and hopefully, the LED strips would too. Bad nodded approvingly at his lights and that he kept most of his fanart, figurines and stuffed animals on display.

It made Dream happy to wake up in the morning and remember that people loved his content enough to put effort into giving him things.

Bad and Sapnap both agreed that Dream was the winner, even though Dream had no idea it was a competition in the first place.

Dream realized that the string lights his mom gave him would look a whole lot better in Bad's room, and Bad seemed really excited to receive them when Dream handed them to him.

As Dream fell onto his bed, exhausted, he found himself missing patches. Sam had taken her with him when he had broken up with Dream, and he had a feeling that Sam had done it because he knew it would hurt him.

Dream rubbed his temples, sighing. He really needed to cool off, but... It felt like forever since he'd called George. And so that's what Dream found himself doing, his body melting into a soft, cute mess the moment he heard the shorter boy's voice.

This boy would be the literal death of him.

Eventually, Dream had wandered onto his balcony while on the phone with George, the table and chairs he had put there a nice place to sit and talk, even if it was over the phone.

Before Dream knew it, he felt himself drifting off, having to wake himself up every two minutes, until eventually, Dream decided to lay on his arms, falling asleep to George's lulling voice.

---

George smiled sweetly at his phone, refreshing the page again. He just had to wait through tomorrow, and the next day he would finally be meeting Dream. Really and truly be meeting Dream.

He knew about the break the boy had taken from YouTube, and he had guessed it was because of the stress of moving for the second time of his life.

He hoped that when he got there, George could help the boy feel more happy and comfortable in his new home. He smiled softly, pink rising to his cheeks as he heard the boy's adorable and soft snores.

"I'll see you soon... Clay."

First chapter of the day