-First Day-

Two months passed since the entrance exam and it was now April. Tomorrow will be the first day you attend U.A. High School. It was dark out, but it wasn't too late. You were out with your best friend, Kaori. The two of you went to a coffee shop nearby, and you broke the good news to her. "U.A.?! B-but your dad! Wouldn't he be more than upset when he finds out you're attending the hero course?" Kaori asked you worryingly, sipping her boba tea. "You mean if he finds out." You said slyly as you lean in towards her. "Oh no," Kaori said pinching the bridge of her nose. "If I knew about this plan of yours, I wouldn't've let you even try to fulfill it." You laughed at your friend's words.

There was a silence as the two of you sipped your tea. "Hey, what's in the bag?" Kaori wondered as she peeked around the table to the bookbag on the floor by your feet.

"Oh- clothes. I was wondering if I could stay the night." You purred.

"Of course you can! You know you're part of the family." Kaori stated, dramatically opening her arms to you. You shone a toothy smile in response.

You looked at your phone and the clock displayed 9:17 PM. "We should probably get going it's already 9 o'clock and I'm sure you would want to get up early enough to eat breakfast and get ready for school." Kaori reckoned. You nodded in agreement and grabbed your phone and drink.

The two of you started your walk to Kaori's house and continued to talk about high school. "Wait you wanted to be a hero too, right?" You pondered. "Yeah but my grandma doesn't want me to attend UA. If she knew that you were going then-"

"Then she would've let you go too!" You beamed. "Actually, she would've told you not to go there." Your happiness died down a bit. You tilted your head a little. "Why's that?"

"Because it's U.A.— the high school with the best heroic education. She said that it may draw unwanted attention, whatever that's supposed to mean. So I'm going to Shiketsu High." You commended her by applauding and cheering.

"Wait, (Y/N), where's your bag?" Kaori asked. "Crap! I left it at the coffee shop!"

"What time is it?" Your best friend asked.

"Uhhh 9:38." Right after you told her the time she took off to go retrieve your bag, and within a second she was back. Kaori's quirk is celerity. For her it feels like time froze, but for others around her, she's traveling at the speed of light. "Just had to make sure they weren't locked up yet." Kaori said while holding your bag. You thanked her, grabbed it from her, then continued the walk.

Time passed and the two of you walked through the doors of Kaori's house. "(Y/N)!" The family greeted you. "It's been a while! Come sit down and grab a bite." Kaori's mother insisted. Her quirk is telekinesis, allowing her to move things with her mind. Her father's quirk is vanish, so he can disappear on command. Her grandmother's quirk is called hunch, so she has dreams that feel real that are actually predictions. "No thank you I'm fine. We just ate."

"Yeah, we have a big day ahead of us so we should probably get some sleep." Kaori placed her hands on your shoulders, signaling you to keep walking. "Oh yeah that's right! (Y/N), what school are you attending?" Kaori's dad asked. All eyes were on you waiting for an answer. "Well actually—"

"Wegottago bye!" Kaori blurted and quickly pushed you along.

~time skip~

After your shower, you prepared the extra bed that Kaori has in her room for when you come over. "What time are you waking up?" You asked her. "Around 6 o'clock. I want to get there early, plus it's gonna take me some time to get there." Kaori managed to say as she pushed out a yawn. You made sure you had an alarm set for 7 o'clock, which you did. "Well," she turned off the light, then walked to her bed. "Good night." You heard her shuffle as she made herself comfortable. Then it was silent, besides the sounds of snoring and crickets.