-Strive to Win-

After you all changed into your school training uniforms, you all waited for the festival to begin in the waiting room for your class. "Ugh! I can't take it anymore! Sitting here makes me nervous! It's bad enough we don't know what the first game is! What if I lose in the first one?!" Hagakure asked in a frantic voice. You placed your hands on her shoulders and looked where you believed her eyes were. "It's fine. Just breathe, alright? As long as you go out there and do your best, it doesn't matter what you place. Besides, I know you'll do great!" You reassured her. Hagakure took in a few deep breaths as you said, then thanked you. "How are you so relaxed about this (Y/N)?" Deku asked. You turned to him with a smile on your face. "I'm not."

"Everyone, are you ready? We will be entering soon!" Iida informed you all as he burst through the door. "Finally! Let's go!" Hagakure exclaimed then practically bounced out the room, and the rest of the class followed her.

"Hey!" Present Mic shouted, which was followed up by the roar of the crowd. "Pay attention, audience! Swarm, mass media! The high school sports rodeo of adolescence that you all know and love, the UA Sports Festival, is about to begin! Everybody! Are you ready?! It's time for the students to enter the first-year stage!" With that, you and your classmates walked out onto the field being welcomed by the screams and shouts of the audience. "I didn't think I'd be this nervous." You said then exhaled to try to calm yourself down. "Relax! It's just like you said, we got this." Kaminari said. More classes walked out as well and surrounded your class. You looked around at the other students participating in the sports festival and stopped on the same purple insomniac you met two weeks ago. As you looked at him you thought about when he told you he was trying to work his way into class 1-A, and you were honestly wishing him the best. He glanced over at you and smirked, and you quickly looked away as your faced heated up in embarrassment.

"Time for the player pledge! Representing the students is Bakugo Katsuki from class 1-A!" Midnight announced before Bakugo made his way to the platform. "This can't be good." You mumbled. Everyone fell silent nervously waiting for Bakugo to speak. "I pledge...that I will be number one." You slapped your forehead. 'Why would they send him up there? I understand he got first in the exam for the hero course, but anyone but him would be fine.' you thought to yourself. The students in the others classes started booing and shouting rude things not only to Bakugo, but to all of Class A. "He made it worse." Tokoyami stated.

"Now, let's get started right away. The first game is what you'd call a qualifier. Many cry their eyes out every year. So let's see what our first game is!" Midnight raised her whip, pointing it towards the sky and a jumbo holographic screen behind her started flickering through different events you all could possibly do, then stopped at obstacle course. Midnight turned around to check the game displayed on the screen. "Well this should be fun. All 11 classes will participate in this race. The course will be the outer circumference of this stadium, which is about 4 kilometers ((or 2 miles)). Our school's selling point is freedom. As long as you stay on course it doesn't matter what you do!" Midnight informed the crowd of students. "Now," she started. "Take your places everyone!" The UA students on the field all walked towards the starting point of the obstacle course.

You all stood there watching the three lit lights at the top of the door way, waiting for a signal to go. Everything was silent as the lights began slowly going out one by one. There were two lights left to go out. All eyes in the audience and all cameras from the media were focused on the first-year students. One more light remains. Everyone witnessing this— whether it was live or through TV— grew more anxious as the time for the obstacle course to start got closer. The final light finally went out and Midnight instructed you all to start. Without any hesitation, everyone took off running causing everyone to be pushed and shoved through extended doorway.