6 - Looks like you are going out

My bed feels even better than I had imagined. God, I never knew I could actually fall in love with a pair of pillows. I guess that's one of the many perks of going round the world with someone like Hunter. You get to stay in the best hotels.

I hadn't seen that many hotel rooms before all this. As a kid me and my family mostly rented the same apartment every year in Montauk for the summer. A tidal wave of memories washes over me. Most of them happy, but the happy ones always bring the sad ones with them.

I'm not going to let them ruin my night. Not tonight.

Distraction. I need a distraction. That can only mean one thing - food! Yes, I need food.

I'm walking towards the desk situated next to the bed. I'm sure I've seen a room service menu laying on top of it earlier.

The desk is white, just as all the other furniture in this room. The only thing bringing color in the room are the lavender colored bedding and curtains. It's simple, not too extravagant but still very stylish. I like it.

I've just picked up the menu when I hear a knock on the door.

When I open the door I'm surprised to see Hunter standing in the doorway. He's wearing a black pair of tight jeans, a loose white v-neck t-shirt and a pair of shades in his messy hair. "Why..." I start. But before I can finish my sentence, he touches the sunglasses and simply says "Paparazzi."

Right. You think it would be easier to remember you're on the road with a mega popstar.

"Looks like you are staying in." He says, while scanning my outfit top to bottom.

The minute I entered my room earlier tonight, I threw off my clothes and put on the most comfortable thing I could find - my grey sweatpants and a hot pink tank top.

"Looks like you are going out." I reply, smiling.

"I'm going to a club not too far from here with Kimmy and some people from the crew. I came to ask if you wanted to join us?" When he sees my hesitation, he adds "No need to change, I'm sure I can get you inside, even in those clothes." He winks at me while gesturing to my not-so-fabulous outfit.

I didn't really feel like going out. I was supposed to have a date with some romcoms and much needed room service but Laila's words reminding me to have fun keep playing in my head.

Damn that girl...

"Give me 10 minutes, okay?" I ask.

"We'll be waiting for you in the lobby," he says while walking towards the elevator. Right before he gets in he adds "I'm glad you're joining us," while smiling his charming smile - dimples included.

The moment I close the door, my head's already filling with regret. Thanks Laila. 

If I'm going to do this, I might as well just let her know.

To Laila, 11:14pm
Following your advice. Going clubbing tonight. Look at me, having all this fun...Xxx Millie

After hitting 'send', I practically run towards my closet. I only have 10 minutes and there is no way I can go out in these clothes. I may be a normie, but I do have some sort of dignity. Going through the small amount of clothes I brought with me, I spot my knee length royal blue A-line halter dress. Perfect.

Shoes! I need shoes. I won't survive on high heels all night, so I pull out a black pair of wedges.

Since I had already lost 4 of my 10 minutes by now, I decide to only put on some mascara and lip gloss. My hair is a lost cause so I just let it the way it is. Loose with some natural waves in it.

9 minutes after Hunter had knocked on my door, I walk into the hotel lobby and make my way to our small group. If the elevator didn't take so long to come up to my floot, I probably would have made it in 8.

Not that I'm counting.

"Wow, you look amazing! And it actually only took you 10 minutes. I could really learn something from you," Hunter grins while checling his watch. 
"And so could you," he adds, pointing towards Kimmy "you always take at least an hour to get ready."
I can't help but laugh, but Kimmy doesn't look very impressed.

-----

We're seated in a private area above the dance floor and I can't help but wonder if Hunter takes this all for granted. He must have seen it all by now.

I make my way over towards the balcony overlooking the dance floor. What are all these people thinking? How are they living their lives?

Does the girl in the black mini dress like the guy in checked shirt she is dancing with? Do they know each other or did they just meet? And what about the guy that just spilled his beer all over another guy? Is he wasted or just really clumsy?

"Watcha doing?" Hunter asks, walking towards me and handing me a glass of overpriced champagne.
I briefly debate turning down the glass, but one tiny glass wouldn't hurt now, would it.

I point my finger down, towards the dance floor, "Nothing much, I was just wondering about the lives of these people dancing."

"Do you think any of them attended any of my concerts?" he asks.

I point to a group of girls that are dancing in the middle of the dance floor.
"Yes, look...they did. They are still wearing their VIP wrist bands."

He nods in approval, "You really notice every detail, don't you?"

"It's what is expected of me on the job, it's hard to turn off," I shrug.
It's just the way I am, how I've always been.

He just nods, thinking about what I just said.

After a few seconds, he turns to me. "Want another drink?"

"Yes please." I nod, maybe a bit too eagerly.

If I'm going to have fun tonight, I might as well do it right.