16 - Nice try

I somehow managed to fall asleep the moment my head hit the pile of pillows on the bed - mustard yellow ones this time. 

Turns out drama can be very exhausting.

It's a good thing I had set my alarm, or I undoubtedly would have slept 2 hours longer. 

A quick shower and an in-room hotel coffee later - FYI: it doesn't matter how fancy the hotel is, the in-room coffee stays rubbish - I quickly put on a pair of grey flared jeans and raspberry red top.

My hair is still wet when I enter the meeting room I had arranged for my VMA meeting with Hunter. I'm ten minutes early, which will give me time to go through everything I want to discuss with him before the actual event later this week.

Who am I kidding. Hunter won't be here for another twenty minutes at least. I could have showed up late and still have plenty of time.

You notice how I haven't thought about kissing him yesterday?

Ah, fuck...Okay, scratch that.

When I open the enormous doors to the  meeting room, I immediately recognize the brown mop of messy hair and the handsome man that comes with it.

"What? You made it pretty clear yesterday I needed to be here in time. Don't look so surprised." He states while smiling a self-satisfied smile. 

Relief instantly washes over me. I was afraid of how he would act after our goodbye at the elevator yesterday, but he seemed to be the same Hunter I got to know by now. 

Just a little more punctual.

I grin back at him. "I like it." 

"Well that was the plan now, wasn't it?" He says and clears his throat. "Okay, you wanted to go over the VMA's with me?" 

"Yes, there are still a few things we need to clear. It's in two days and we didn't go through your wardrobe yet. I don't need to know what you will be wearing for the red carpet and award show but I do need to know which clothes you are going to wear for your performance. Something with the lights and everything, you probably know this better than I do..." I respond while nodding my head, agreeing with what I had just said myself.   

"Would you mind giving me your professional opinion on it? Gabrielle, you know Gabrielle don't you? My stylist? She put some outfits together for me to pick from. I ruled out most of them, but can't decide between the last two remaining."

"Sure, I can take a look after we go through the rest of my list. Is that okay?" 

He smiles. "Yes." 

--------

I slump in the enormous soft, white and very expensive looking couch that is placed in the middle of his suite. I'm still wondering why hotels seem to go with white as their main color these days. Did they just throw everything away after it had been used once? I can't even wear a white top without staining it, yet they use it in all these rooms. How do they keep it all so spotless? I guess it will remain a mystery to me. 

Hunter comes out of his bedroom wearing a black pair of designer dress pants, a white button up shirt rolled up to his elbows and suspenders. 

He looks amazing. Of course he does.

I could swear he wasn't this handsome just a couple of weeks ago.

"Well? Are you going to give me your opinion on the outfit or are you just going to sit there all day drooling?" He puts his hands in the pockets of his pants and cocks his head.

Busted.

I roll my eyes in defense. "I like it...it's different from the usual. But I need to see the other outfit before I make a decision."

He huffs and disappears back into his bedroom. Did he really expect me to just go ahead with the first option he gave me?
Didn't think so.

When he comes out again, he's wearing a tight black jeans - ah, there they are - and a black silk button up shirt, the three top buttons undone. 

"I really like this one too. I'm just not sure about that shirt though. What are those?" I ask, pointing towards his chest.

He looks down and frowns, raising his brow. "They're frogs. Don't you like them?" 

"Let me see that." I walk towards him to take a better look at his shirt and indeed, there are all sorts of little frogs embroidered in black on the shirt. I make a face and see Hunter looking at me with an amused smile on his face. "It's called fashion Millie, you should look it up." He says in a high pitched voice, clearly impersonating Gabrielle. 

That's enough for both of us to burst out laughing. 

When I finally get my composure back, I wipe the tears from the corners of my eyes before saying "No seriously, I like the pants. They are more...'you'. But this shirt has to go...don't you have another shirt to go with it? Maybe the one from the other outfit? The white would contrast nicely against the black pants." 

He starts unbuttoning the frog-shirt. "What are you doing?" I ask. 

"Well, you said the shirt had to go. I'm doing as you told me..." He shrugs and takes a step closer.

Not that there was that much space between us anymore to begin with. The energy in the room shifts at once.

He lets the shirt glide from his shoulders, letting it fall behind him on the floor.

I've seen his bare chest before. I've been on plenty of photo shoots by now - everyone wants at least one picture of him without a shirt on. I can see why now... 

My right hand involuntarily moves up to touch his bare chest. The second my skin touches his, goosebumps rise on his body. 

I should really start to get a grip. I was supposed to go back to being a professional. This isn't how that works.

I sigh, shake my head and take a step back.

"Nice try Hunter."

I'm determined to keep my cool this time. 

"I'm not going to stop, Millie." And with that he disappears back into his bedroom.