12 - Some random tourist stuff

The moment his lips were about to touch mine, a slightly intoxicated elderly couple had stumbled out of the elevator.

Guess what? They'd recognized him.
Of course they had. Apparently their granddaughters were 'his biggest fans'.

It was cute actually. They gushed about those girls like only grandparents could.

Hunter offered to take a picture with them, which they happily accepted.

Like the coward I am, I took advantage of the situation and snuck into my room while he was signing some t-shirts for them. 

And now here I am, laying in this huge comfortable bed staring at the ceiling. A ceiling that no longer holds any secrets for me, by the way. I've been staring at the damn thing for over three hours by now. Trying to get some sort of sleep.

I've already gotten up five times, intending to go to his room and ask him what him wanting to kiss me was all about. Every time I stood in front of the elevator I turned around.
I couldn't do it. I wasn't ready for what could happen when I would knock on that door.

There were two options basically. 
He would grin that stupid grin of his and kiss me or he would just laugh it all away and admit he was just having some fun teasing me.

I wasn't ready for either of those outcomes.

As much as I would like to deny it, today was perfect. I liked spending time with Hunter. Talking to him was easy and it's been a long time since I laughed that hard with someone.
But I didn't like him like that now, did I?

And with that question came the conclusion that I don't know.  I really don't. The more I seem to think about it, the more confused I seem to get.

And I hate feeling like that.

Because I always know.
I'm always supposed to know.

I put one of the pillows over my head in total frustration. 
How was I able to get into such a mess, all within a good 24 hours. 

I'm just overthinking this. That's exactly what I'm doing.
Classic me.
Tomorrow is a new day.
Breathe Millie, stop freaking out over nothing.

We're going back on the road tomorrow. 
I won't have time to think, I'll only have time for Hunter. 

Great.
That won't be awkward. 

I pick up my phone from the nightstand next to me, hoping to find some distraction on it. Scrolling through my phone, I come across some pictures we took earlier today. I instantly feel a surge of happiness looking at them.

Me and Hunter took three selfies in front of the blue bear and looked like the happiest kids on the block. 

In one of them, Hunter has his arm around my shoulder and I had just burst out laughing i because Hunter just told a couple of random why-do-bears... jokes.
They weren't even funny, they only became funny because he was telling joke after joke after joke.

The memory alone makes me laugh out loud again.

Did I really start to like him like that?
I couldn't, right?

I mean...he's my boss.

I'm a professional.

Right?

Yes.

No.

I don't know.

Fuck.

How did this happen?

And with those thoughts, I finally fall asleep and dream of a green-eyed boy who happens to sign my paycheck.

-----------

"Looks like you had quite the night, Millie..." Paul says when I put my breakfast tray down in front of him on the large breakfast table. 
I wasn't feeling especially hungry, so I just grabbed some buttered toast and a banana from the lavish buffet.

I grunt in response. "Gee, thanks," I laugh. "I couldn't sleep..." 
I don't blame him for the remark, I mean... I've seen myself in the mirror this morning. I tried covering those dark circles under my eyes but there just isn't enough concealer in the world. 

"And why was that?" 
Uh-Oh. I know that deep voice. 
Hunter.
Where did he come from? 

When I scan the room, I see him leaning against the door post. He must have just entered the room. Since when does he eat breakfast with the crew? He's normally still asleep for the next 3 hours.

"Mosquito. A really annoying one." I shrug. 
I'm not going to tell half the crew the real reason why and more importantly, I really don't want to give him the satisfaction of letting him know that he got under my skin like that.

"Oooh, I hate those! You should buy one of those wrist bands... I brought a couple of spare ones, I'll give you one." I gratefully smile at Paul for the offer.  He's such a sweetheart.
Should I tell him the whole story later? But what is there to tell? 

Hunter takes a seat next to me. Of course he does. 
"Funny. I had one of those in my room as well, couldn't sleep either."

"Well, you definitely don't look the part." I say without thinking, and feel my cheeks redden instantly. 

I should really learn to think before I start speaking lately.

Hunter just smiles, not looking up from his plate. 

"What did you do yesterday, Hunter? I can imagine you just slept all day. I would have if I were you..." Paul says. 

Well, this should be interesting. 

"No, I went out actually... Did some random tourist stuff." After a couple of seconds he ads "It's actually been a long time since I've had such a nice day." He looks straight at me while saying so. 

"That's nice to hear man." Paul says completely clueless and starts telling everyone who's listening how he spent his day in the bar of the hotel chatting up the guy behind the bar.