20 - Show me

"Hunter? What are you doing here?"

What IS he doing here? He should be out, celebrating his big wins. 

He's pacing in front of my room, eyes locked on the floor. Before I can say anything or ask him what he is doing, he starts talking. "I like playing games, Millie. Heck, I love them. I play hem all the time..." For once, he's the one sounding like a crazy person.

"What? I don't understand what you're saying. What are you doing here?" I'm almost whispering, while looking left and right into the abandoned hallway. The last thing I want is to wake up other guests. We all know what happens when they see a pop star in the hallway in front of their hotel room.

He finally looks at me, thinking about what I just asked him. I can see the question run through his head, asking himself the exact same question. He glances at the elevator, and I wonder if he's about to turn around and leave again. 

He decides against it and sighs. His hands go straight to his neck. When he finally looks at me, I can almost swear I see a hint of fear in his ravishing eyes.  I've seen a lot of things in them. Pride, confidence, enthusiasm, humor, lust and so much more.
Never fear. 

"What's wrong, Hunter? You're scaring me."

He really is. 
Did he eat something funky? Did he smoke something? 

"Funny you should say that because you're the one scaring me here..."

What? What did I do? Now he's really lost me. I cock my head, planning to ask him what he means but before I can open my mouth he starts talking again.  

"For such a smart girl, you can be very oblivious sometimes...Can't you see how much I like you, Mills? I mean... I have six parties I should attend tonight and in stead I'm standing here in front of your hotel room. Again." His hands run through his hair while he keeps shaking his head. "This was a mistake...I should just leave again, you made it pretty clear you didn't want anything more happening between us. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come here..." 

He's right. I didn't want anything more happening between us. I never wanted any of this. I just wanted to do my job, the best way possible. Getting involved with the man paying you every month definitely isn't part of that.  

Yet here I am. 

I don't know what this thing between us is.
I don't know where it will lead.
I don't know if I'll end up hurt, or even without a job. 

I do know that I can't let him leave. 
Not this time. 
We have something here. I have no idea what it is, but I want to find out. 

Just as he's about to turn around, I grab his hand and pull him towards me. He staggers towards me and I can't help but smile when I see the surprised look in his eyes when I press my lips against his.

As his tongue enters my mouth, my body ignites. A moan escapes his mouth when I pull his lower lip between mine. God, he tastes so good. 

His hands roam my body, and for a second we're both forgetting that we're still standing in a very public hotel corridor.

I pull out of our kiss when I hear muffled sounds on the other side of the hallway. We won't be the only ones here for much longer. Hunter groans and pushes his forehead against mine. "Don't stop." 

I'm not planning to, I just don't need anyone to see us like this.

"Let's go inside" I whisper, and pull him inside of my room by the collar of his shirt. He loses his balance and stumbles inside, falling right into me, involuntarily pushing me against the wall. 

He runs the thumb of his right hand over my cheek, while pushing the door to my room shut with his other hand. I swear I've never seen anyone close a door in such a sexy way.   

"You have no idea of all the things I want to do you, Millie." 

"Show me then..." I tease, while biting my lip and I can hear him suck in a sharp breath. 

"Oh, I plan on doing just that. Trust me." 

His words are enough for me to lose the last bit of sanity that's left in me at the moment. I kiss him like my life depends on it, as if kissing him is the only thing keeping me alive at the moment. 

His hands go back to exploring my body, and a moan escapes my lips. He lifts my right leg, and I instinctively wrap it around his waist. "I love skirts...they make everything so very...available..." he pants, while squeezing my ass.

I shake my head, and put my index finger on his lip. "Shhh...less talking, more kissing."

"You're so bossy all the time Mills, you have no idea how much that turns me on." He kisses my neck and I throw my head back.  

"I can imagine." I whisper in his ear, while pressing my body against his, easily feeling just how turned on he actually is. 

In a swift move he grabs my other leg, lifts me from the ground, carries me towards the bed, and gently places me on it. He starts unbuttoning his shirt, revealing his perfect torso. 

It should be illegal to be this hot. I roll my eyes at the thought. 

"What?" he asks, while hastily pulling down his jeans. "And why is it that I'm standing here practically naked and you still have all of your clothes on?"

"I was just thinking it should be illegal to be this hot. It's not fair to us mere mortals... " I answer truthfully while unbuttoning the few buttons on my shirt. 

He starts laughing. "So that's what your thinking seconds before we're about to have sex?" 

"Are we now?" I raise an eyebrow and cock my head. What makes him so sure?
Okay... I know what makes him so sure since I've just taken off my shirt but he didn't have to be so obvious about it. 

"Oh, you know we are..." he says, while making his way towards me on the bed. 

Turns out professionalism can be highly overrated sometimes.