Father and Son ~14~

ಥ⌣ಥ (this chapter may cause squeals)

"Nn-nah! let me go!" Kyoto struggled to get out of Loris firm grip.

Tomoyo stood there, unsure of what to do.

'C'mon help him! you idiot help!' Tomoyo mentally beat himself up.

"L-lori!" Tomoyo yelled as he ran after them.

"Tomoyo, go home, you're off duty." Lori patted him on the shoulder.

"Let me go!" Tomoyo quickly yelled and broke Loris grip on Kyoto.

"T-tomo-!" Lori gasped.

Tomoyo grabbed Kyotos hand.

"He's with me!" Tomoyo angrily yelled into Loris ear as he left the room hand in hand with Kyoto.

"Tomoyo..." Kyoto repeated his name over and over.

Once they reached the car Tomoyo slammed the door shut.

"You better be damn grateful..." Tomoyo muttered under his breath.

Kyoto could tell he was angry, but had not a clue in his head why.

"Tomoyo... I'm..." Kyoto quietly started talking.

"Sorry for what? Leaving me? Not even letting me explain that letter? Being a selfish bastard? Exactly what is it you're sorry for!?" Tomoyo turned next to Kyoto and spat the words he'd been longing to say out.

"I..." Kyoto stared down at his lap. He had no words.

"Goddamit!" Tomoyo drove off in a rage.

The whole car trip home was dead silent, not a word was spoken.

Once they reached home Kyoto couldn't hold it in.

"IM SO SORRY!" He held his head down and fell to his knees.

Tomoyo looked down at the begging boy.

"I just... didn't want to be a bother!" He spluttered out in tears.

He looked up with snot and tears trailing off his face.

"My dad! I am one of the reasons he died! arent I!?" He choked out all the words.

Tomoyo stayed silent.

'It's so hard... not to comfort you're loved one when they are in need.' He thought but resisted the temptation to ravage him.

"No... you are the reason, he lived." Tomoyo said in a stern confident voice.

Kyoto stood up, at Tomoyos chest level and buried his head into him.

"What?" His muffled voice gasped out.

'I can feel his heart beating... so fast...'

"Your father, died of cancer. The only reason he wrote that note... was as an attempt, but you changed him for the best."

Tomoyo told Kyoto all about the past. How he turned his father from suicide.

At the time Kyoto was about 3 years of age. Kyou was depressed about a lot of things in his life. One thing was his son. Kyou wasn't able to even teach Kyoto to talk yet, he couldn't say a single English word. Not one.

Tomoyo would sometimes babysit Kyoto since Kyou didn't have a lot of time.

"Okay Kyoto say 'dada' or 'papa' come on 'd-a-d-a'" Tomoyo sounded out the letters. Kyou giggled and drooled a little. "-n-h-a-a!" Kyoto squeaked.

'Nup... he's hopeless.' Tomoyo thought.

"O-o-k-a!" Kyoto pointed to a piece of paper on the ground. "whats this then?" Tomoyo picked up the paper and skimmed through it.

Suddenly shock ran through his body, he ended up dropping the paper and collapsed on the floor gasping for air.

'He's.... going to kill himself!?'

"Don't die!" Tomoyo begged to Kyou who wasn't there.

"The bridge!" He yelled to the imaginary person.

Tomoyo scooped up Kyoto who was lying in his chair and grabbed the keys. He locked the apartment and ran out.

"Taxi!" He signalled for a cab and got into the first one that stopped.

Tomoyo told the driver to hurry. Kyoto looked up at the scared, unsettled Tomoyo.

"E-h-o-k-a-y!" Kyoto sounded out the letters.

'Sounds like... "its okay"?'

Once they reached the bridge he could see Kyou on the ledge, tears streaming down his face.

Tomoyo rushed out of the car with Kyoto in his arms.

"Kyou! no!" Tomoyo shouted all he could.

Kyous head turned back like an owl. he held out his hand and signalled him to stay back.

"Don't... come near!" He threatened.

Tomoyo gulped and took an unsteady step back.

"Please... I..." Tomoyos voice cracked as he said the words.

"I love you!" He yelled loudly without any shame.

Kyou chuckled.

"That's not gonna stop me!" He shouted aggressively clenching his fists.

"Then what will!?" Tomoyo got on his knees.

Tears fell down his face.

'God... do something!' He prayed.

Tomoyo felt something squirm in his hands. Kyoto managed to sneak out of Tomoyos arms and walk all out onto the ledge.

"NO! KYOTO!" Tomoyo panicked.

His heart was beating way too fast.

Kyoto stood next to Kyou.

No one knew that Kyoto could walk.

Kyoto lightly tugged on Kyous pants. "eh!" Kyoto tried to get his fathers attention.

Yet when your in that suicidal state, you block the outside world out.

Kyoto desperately tried.

"D-ad! D-o-nt d-I-e..." Kyoto slowly spilt the words from his small, lips, that words have never come through.

"Kyoto..." Tomoyo sighed.

"Son..." Kyou snapped out of it and looked down at his young boy.

"Wuv... you..." Normal words came from his mouth for once.

Kyou bent down and scooped Kyoto up into his arms. Gave him a light kiss on the forehead and whispered whilst tears streamed down his face.

"I love you too." Kyou smiled.

Kyoto smiled back and giggled.

"I love you too." Kyou looked over at Tomoyo.

Both smiling at each other.

'Thanks god... it's a miracle.'