vii. after hours

・ 。゚✧: *.☽
˗ˏˋ 𝐒𝐊𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 'ˎ˗
⊱ ────── 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝗌𝗄𝗒𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾
𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵 ━━ after hours

 𝗌𝗄𝗒𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵 ━━ after hours

.⋆。⋆🌧️˚。⋆。˚☣˚。⋆.
◟ ✦ I want you here. ❞

THEY SAY WHEN YOU EXPERIENCE an extreme amount of pain, you start to feel in a daze. Like everything around distorts, you get dizzy, and you can't focus. You begin to sweat a lot, and even though you still feel the aching from it, you still feel numb somehow.

I've been waking up in the middle of the night a lot these past one or two days. I wake just to stare at the ceiling because if I move even by the slightest, I feel the sharp ache in my stomach area.

I stare for hours thinking, which isn't the best idea since I tend to overthink a lot. But the thoughts just keep coming more forcefully without me trying.

Why are they dragging me around? Wouldn't it be so much easier to leave me? All of these people have known each other for a long time. Ras and Simone. Martin, Patrick, Beatrice, Lea, and Jean. These groups have been through thick and thin together. I'm just a drag onto them, aren't I?

I shed a few tears from not only my harsh thoughts but because the pain from my wound is coming back.

I try to sit slightly, biting my lip hard when I bumped my wound. I looked across the room to see the medical cart with the few aid supplies we had on it. It looked so far away, but that could just be me with my woozy mind still acting up.

I sat there for a second, looking at the person still sleeping beside me. I patted his strawberry blonde curls and smiled at his peaceful sleeping expression.

He looks so innocent when he slept. Beautifully innocent. Something I didn't deserve, yet he was here.

Every night since the incident, Ras has slept here beside me. In a nearby chair, of course. Simone and Beatrice had tried to tell him multiple times to go to an actual bed, but he refused. Even when I insisted, he still refused.

Shaking my head, I placed my hands at my side, pushing myself up only to come crashing back on the table in a huff. I guess I still haven't regained my strength. This resulted in me letting out a groan.

I close my eyes, breathing quick breaths as I bit back the tears and tried again.

"Stop," he said, grabbing my wrist. My breath sharpens at the sudden contact before looking at him.

His eyes looked tired, but I couldn't see their beautiful color because of the low lighting. I felt as though I wasn't in the right headspace because I would never stare this long.

I don't know it was because of him or my exhaustion. I fell forward all of a sudden, him catching me instantly. I blinked fast, trying to regulate my mind.