xvii. radio silence

・ 。゚✧: *.☽
˗ˏˋ 𝐒𝐊𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 'ˎ˗
⊱ ────── 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝗌𝗄𝗒𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾
𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵 ━━ radio silence

 𝗌𝗄𝗒𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵 ━━ radio silence

.⋆。⋆🌧️˚。⋆。˚☣˚。⋆.
◟ ✦ We wanted to save the world. ❞

"I'M GOING TO GET SOME FRESH AIR," I said, yawning. I had fallen asleep, wanting to get rid of my rampant thoughts. I assumed Ras watched me since he was still awake.

I slipped on my shoes, pushing my hair back as I started to walk outside. I ran my thumb over my hand. My wound had already healed.

I push the door leading to the back of the building walking out, alarms immediately going off. I feel the cold metal in my back. I back away in the other direction, stumbling to the ground.

The man held the gun to my face, my breath quicking and heart accelerating.

"What's going on?" I ask the guard. He clocks his gun.

"Look," I say, getting up slowly.

"I don't want to hurt you." I walk slowly, holding my hands up.

"You've got to put the gun down, or things are gonna get ugly," I finish, contemplating on if I should use my abilities.

Kai!

"Simone," I say, looking past the guard, seeing both siblings.

Looking at all of us, the guard drops his gun and runs away.

I let out a breath of relief, glad that I didn't have to do the thing I do best. Hurt people.

I turn to the siblings seeing that they were at a weird distance. I try to walk closer, but Simone backs away. I frown.

"Simone, what's going on? Why are there alarms going off?" I ask, trying not to be hurt by this.

"We need to get away from here," she says.

"What about the cure and all of that--"

"None of it is true. It's all a lie."

"I can't just leave... If they get the cure then maybe they can get rid of..," I say, looking down.

"This." I lift my hand, a dark mist covering it.

"I know, Kai, I know. But, they lied to you. They lied to all of us."

"What do you mean? What aren't you telling me," I say, stepping closer, anger rising.

"I'm trying to protect you. Both of you."

"When were you going to tell me about my father," I ask, my lip tight almost quivering.

She doesn't say anything.