xi. breakthrough

・ 。゚✧: *.☽
˗ˏˋ 𝐒𝐊𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 'ˎ˗
⊱ ────── 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝗌𝗄𝗒𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾
𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵 ━━ breakthrough

 𝗌𝗄𝗒𝗅𝗂𝗇𝖾𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵 ━━ breakthrough

.⋆。⋆🌧️˚。⋆。˚☣˚。⋆.
◟ ✦ "You're different."
"Is that a good thing?" ❞

"DO WE REALLY HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN," I asked Simone as I laid on the cold metal operating table in the infirmary.

She didn't answer; instead, she watched the man when he lifted my shirt to survey the wound. I winced; the infection had gotten worst.

"It's a deep wound," he says.

"Yeah, a doctor stitched her up so I don't know how she's doing-"

"I don't want to know anything about the past," he interrupted.

That was kind of rude. What's the deal with this place and the past?

I tried to take a deep breathe only for it to turn shaky and short. I can't do this.

"What about the pills," I asked.

"You've had too many, Kai. You're not getting anymore," she says.

I moan, "It really hurts."

The man took a moment looking at Simone before grabbing something behind him.

"I'm going to sedate you. We're out of antibiotics. So, it's really really important that you stay still."

My breath clenched in the back of my throat. Stay still! Replayed over and over in my mind making me dizzy.

I looked at the "sedative" he was going to give me, giving me flashbacks—the doctor.

"I-i," I said, my throat becoming dry.

"Wait... No, thanks. No sedative," Simone says, pushing the sedative back. Thank god.

"Why not?" He asked, looking at me before her again.

"Because I said so."

He ponders for a moment before moving closer to me, asking, "Can you stand the pain?"

"I said no," she says sternly.

The man puts the sedative on a medical cart nearby.

He clears his throat.

"Hey, we have some morphine in our backpack," she says. I nod my head. Yes.

"Good idea. She needs a painkiller. I'll have it brought up," he says with a sliver of a smile.

"Thanks," she responds before he continues to work on my wound. I bit my lip.

They better hurry up.