𝙸... 𝙸 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝.

It was December 31st.

You looked at your phone. 23:50h.

One sigh came out from your mouth.

You had really mixed feelings about this day. You really liked people's mood, the decorations, the nervousness before new year... It brought you good vibes somehow, but at the same time you truly hated it.

Why?

Because you're alone once again. Nobody is by your side. Nobody would be holding your hand in new year's Eve. Nobody will kiss you when it's finally 00:00h.

You were at your best friend's party. All your friends were with their partners, so you just went upstairs and headed to the balcony.

You felt the cold wind touch your skin when you opened the door, making you embrace yourself. You looked over your phone again, it was 23:55h now.

Just five minutes.

That's when you suddenly heard footsteps. They were loud and fast, like if they were desperately looking for something. You could hear them better each second, which meant that person was getting close to you. When you turned around, you saw the person you less expected.

Alex.

Your eyes widened and approached him. He was breathing so fast and looked tired because of running, leaning in the door frame.

"Alex? Are you ok?" -You grabbed his arm. -"What happened?"

"N-nothing happened." -He tried to speak and catch enough air at the same time. -"I was... I was just trying to find ya... shit I... almost got lost... in 'ere."

"Find me?" -You smiled.

He nodded slowly. He stepped closer to you and placed his hand on your back, leading you to the balcony. -"Yeah, I wanted to.. I mean I've been thinking... tha knows I really... fuck! What am I even tryin' to say, y/n." -He rubbed his face with his right hand, he looked so nervous.

He looked so handsome, dressing in a black suit, his long hair looked perfect and his eyes had a little sparkle you couldn't even explain. You found him so cute you couldn't help but giggle. -"I don't know, you tell me."

He looked into your eyes for a few seconds and inhaled. -"I have to be fast because I'm runnin' out of time." -He said checking his watch. It was 23:58h.

"Go on, then." -You smiled.

"I... I don't know where to start. I think it's obvious you make me the happiest guy alive, I can't stop thinking about you, not even a second." -Your heart was beating faster with each word he was saying. -"I... I like you, a lot."

"Alex I-"

"Remember when we first met?" -He asked with a smile. You nodded, blushing at the thought of it. -"That's when I knew you were going to be special for me, and... I wasn't wrong at all. You're the best thing I've ever had."

You were speechless, processing everything he was saying. You were just looking at his eyes, your smile never leaving your face.

"We're now... half a minute apart from starting a new year." -He continued. -"But... I want this one to be different, I want to start it with you by me side."

"I'll always be by your side, Alex."

You could hear all the people outside screaming the countdown. 12, 11...

"Yeah but... I want it to be even more special, as I said I really like you, so..." -He sighed nervously, grabbing both your hands. -"Y/n... Would you... like to make me the happiest boy in this bloody world and start this new year being... m-my girlfriend?"

7, 6...

Your lips parted a bit, your cheeks turned red. That question made you feel the luckiest girl ever. You wanted to jump, scream and run all over the place. He raised his eyebrows, waiting for your answer.

"It's ok if ya don't feel the same, I-"

"Yes! Yes Alex, I'd love to." -You smiled big, making him smile as well. The most beautiful smile you've ever seen.

2, 1...

Alex put his hands on your hips and yours were around his neck. He kissed you and you followed it instantly. You could hear fireworks, people screaming, loud music... but you were focused on the beautiful boy in front of you and the unforgettable moment you both were living.

Your lips moved slowly, tasting each other like if it was the first and last time you would kiss each other. Your tongues soon dancing softly, making your stomach feel full of butterflies. Just like his.

You pulled away and you both giggled, with your foreheads touching. Alex put his arm around your hips, letting you place your head on his shoulder, looking at the beautiful view from the balcony.

That was how the best year or your life started.

___________________________

Ok so I won't be home from tomorrow until Thursday so I wanted to publish something before I leave. I hope you liked this one!
🖤