= 16 =

If it's a staring challenge between Seonghwa and Danbi, it looks like not one is losing because neither is giving in. It's only breaking off when Danbi chuckles before chanting, "If I know the answer, I wouldn't be asking, would I?"

"Or maybe you know the answer but you're not telling," he interjects. "What are the odds that you were on the way of going for an interview to her boyfriend's company, then got pulled back by her bodyguard because you look like her?"

She takes a deep breath, her hand tightly gripping her cup's handle. "I don't know, maybe it was some destiny. Don't you think that life is always mysteriously revolving around some destiny you can't control?"

"I don't believe in destinies," he says, hard. "It's always the same bullshit reason people start to use when they can't explain why something happens."

The bodyguards start to feel the tension, unsure of why Seonghwa is starting to act unlike himself- at least, not as someone they know. The other three spectators only look back and forth from the girl to the oldest, not knowing which side they should be on.

"Damn," she enunciates, "why are you so pressed?" She looks like she's not about to fight about it further as she takes up her cup, sipping her tea while looking elsewhere. The silence continues before she breaks a biscuit in half, but ends up gobbling both while the rest keep their mouth shut.

"Alright, that's it for today!" Hongjoong says in high pitch, glaring at Danbi before twisting her ear and then slapping the back of Seonghwa's head.

Seonghwa looks shocked at how the tiny man, whom he only met today is already acting like he can do whatever he likes to him, until he doesn't know how to give a proper reaction. If it's another stranger he'd probably smack them to the ground, but this guy is looking too scary despite being smaller than him.

"Not that attitude in my house," Hongjoong points a finger to Seonghwa before moving on to Danbi. "You too, both of you apologize to each other, now."

"Tch," Seonghwa crosses his arms but Hongjoong smacks the back of his head again until he can't stand it that he starts to say through gritted teeth, "You little-" Another smack to the back of his head.

"I don't tolerate rude guests," the blue-haired man says, putting out a threatening hand to say that he won't hesitate to hit him again.

"Stupid blueberry," Seonghwa says grudgingly, but the other hears it before he gets another smack to the head. "Stop hitting my head!"

"I will if both of you act nice to each other," he utters. "Apologize, now."

"I'm sorry," Danbi says first, bringing their gazes to her immediately. "I understand what you're trying to get at, but it was pure coincidence that San found me while I was on the way to Wooyoung's company."

It amazes them again, how different Danbi's personality is with Soyeon; she's already on a first name basis with them yet with their original client it took more than a week for her to be comfortable with calling them by their first names. They watch the face-off eagerly, with San and Yunho munching on the biscuits like they are eating popcorn while watching a movie playing.

"I guess... I'm sorry too."

"Not a sincere apology," Hongjoong comments.

"I'm sorry!" Seonghwa enunciates before holding back a fist, looking like he's about to punch Hongjoong in the face. "I shouldn't have let my emotions take over me, so I'm sorry."

"You could do better," Hongjoong shrugs. "But I'll let it pass. Now please, gentlemen, I'd like to kick you out of this house if you don't explain on how we're going to do this now."