= 22 =

If they were back in their rooftop house they would be huddled in front of their box television, some snacks from the convenience store spread out in front of them. No tables or chairs, just them sitting cross-legged on the floor as the news of the results are displayed on the screen that looks like it's about to separate into a million pixels. For years, it has always been the three of them.

But today, it seems like a celebration with friends as there are ten people gathered in front of the flat television, with them sitting on the black velvet sofa as they train their eyes on the screen. Besides ten people, another guest - Panther - has joined them, perched on top of the sofa's arm, quiet.

It seems that even Wooyoung, who by all means should be joining his family to keep up with the results of the election, has brought his younger brother to the Bae household and joined the crowd. The audience lounging in front of the television now includes the bodyguards, the three housemates, Wooyoung, Woosung, Yeosang, and the cat. All of them are waiting eagerly for the results to be announced, watching as the real-time votes are displayed on the screen.

It's no surprise to them how Bae Wonshik's party is leading, the difference between him and the other candidates' parties seemingly enough to sustain him until the end of the voting period. The final results will come in a few minutes, and they can't wait until they'll announce who will be the prime minister of the country, all courtesy of the votes by the citizens.

Danbi is the most anxious, both because of the mysterious message she had received and the possible outcome of the election. If everything falls into place, that means Bae Wonshik will become prime minister, and her life will change. For better, or for worse?

Am I even making the right choice?

Wait- have I ever made a right choice?

She snaps out of her trance when she sees Woosung waddling up to her, not being so subtle in staring at her until his eyes are unblinking. The kid keeps frowning, tilting his head and studying her features until she feels like she's sitting under a spotlight, unable to escape from the scrutiny of the little boy's eyes. If she can't handle his scrutiny, how on earth is she supposed to survive being chased down by the reporters, if what Bae Wonshik has told her about them is true?

"Why are you staring at me like that, little kid?" she tries to initiate with a voice that she hopes isn't too demanding, one that would scare him away. She can see Wooyoung looking at her cautiously, a mixture of a somewhat awkward and apologetic smile on his face. "Do I have something on my face?"

"You look so much like my brother's girlfriend, but I know you're not!" he says, not accusative but still with a high-pitched voice that makes the others turn to them.

"Well, uh," she laughs awkwardly, "that's because we're identical twins, so of course we'd look the same. Soyeon must be-"

"Did you take Soyeon somewhere so that you can replace her?"

Wooyoung's eyes widen as he hears the sentence coming out of her brother's mouth. "Jung Woosung," he says sternly, trying to show that he's not approving of his brother's question, curious or not. "That's not a nice thing to ask."

She's taken aback by his brother's straightforward question, while Mingi and Hongjoong are already glaring at the little kid, looking like they're ready to fight.

"I- uh," she becomes speechless at the direct question until her words fail her. "That's a very... direct question."

"Of course. Soyeon is missing and you are in her place," Woosung says definitely, with Wooyoung in the background looking embarrassed as he flaps his arms to stop him from talking. The little kid ignores his brother, chanting, "But Soyeon is so much prettier than you!"