= 36 =

Around one and a half year ago

"I have to go," Seonghwa gestures towards his wife. "They need extra bodyguards at the client's house today because he requested for more. Not sure why, but I probably won't get to come back home for the next few days."

"Really?" she signs back, before her face morphs into a worried expression. "Which client is it?"

Seonghwa's shoulders sag before one side of his lips shoot up and he places down his sling bag on the floor. He moves over to her and hugs her tight, with them swaying from side to side as he hasn't let go of her.

"It states in the contract that we can't reveal who's our client today, so I can't tell you." Then he pulls back, patting down her hair. "Make sure you take care of yourself, remember to eat and smile." He pulls the corner of her lips upwards. "Don't worry too much about me, I'll come back before you even know it, and we'll have a romantic candlelight dinner when I do." After that he winks, which makes her put on a genuine smile.

She taps three times on his shoulder, which is their agreed sign to say 'I love you' without being obvious.

He taps three times on her butt and she slaps his hand away, while both of them laugh before he hugs her again. He peppers kisses all over her face and hands before waving goodbye. As he disappears at the corner, he can't catch how Akira is fidgeting at the front door of their apartment, wringing her hands as her expression changes to that of guilt.

As she moves back into the house, she immediately takes the flip phone she hid underneath the spare pillows they have in the cupboard, and flips it open. Her eyes dart to read the message she received just yesterday, saying that she'd need to be on field for today; a first for her. She worries about it; she's never done any jobs besides being behind the computer screen, but for this one she'll have to be there physically.

Ever since they got married she has always wanted to tell him how she's involved with the Reflectors for quite a while now. It started even before they met, and she knows she's only being selfish as she keeps on getting involved; but it's a matter of exacting revenge. Revenge towards the rich. She hates the rich with every inch of her being, believing that they're the reason she lost her parents in a car accident.

She remembers the day vividly; it's just a matter of status and whether you have the influence. They were involved in a car accident yet due to shortage of surgeons at that moment, the only available surgeon decided to prioritize saving the life of the more influential person; the daughter of an investor at the hospital, even though they had arrived earlier. Her parents had died from extreme bleeding while she was holding on to a small sliver of life.

She had survived, while her parents did not. From then on, she knew that the rich would get their way while average citizens like her would have to fend for themselves. No one could change her mind.

She looks around the bedroom, the one that she has shared with her husband ever since they got married. They're both young and stupidly in love. With her being a member of the Reflectors, she's scared that the day that Seonghwa will find out that she's a part of them is when he's on duty somewhere; a battle between conscience and raw feelings.

What she can only hope is that there won't be a day where they will be forced to accept the fact that both of them are on opposing sides, only realizing when their weapons are pointed at each other.

---

Around one and a half year ago

Seonghwa bows to Madam Seo as he arrives at the house where he'll be positioned to guard, and the woman nods, ushering him inside. The usual procedure is done, with them being briefed on what is expected of them. Apparently their client is hosting a party tonight, therefore he needs extra security than what they already have. It's a large scale party where the most important people will be attending, and they need to ensure that nothing will go astray to make sure of a smooth event.