Chapter 20 - Jiraiya's end

Sakura was trying to heal him, but it went slowly.

"H-how’s Gaara?" asked Naruto.

"He’s fine, you should worry about yourself," said Sakura.

"That’s fine, let’s go!" Naruto collected his marked kunais and because he marked some thing in Gaara's office for faster delivery, he took Gaara with him and now they where there.

"Naruto?! And Gaara?!" Temari hugged Gaara and thanked to Naruto. Naruto was now waiting for others.

Meanwhile in Hidden Rain Village

"Hmm, intruder," said Pain.

"Should I get rid of him?" asked Konan.

"It’s okay, I’ll do it," said Pain and went to find Jiraiya.

"Long time no see, Jiraiya-sensei," said Pain.

"You are-," said Jiraiya, but Pain already attacked him. Jiraiya used his hair for defense.

"Yahiko!" said Jiraiya.

"My name is Pain," said Pain and summoned his paths.

"Meet Six Paths of Pain," said Pain.

"They all have rinnegan, that’s impossible!" thought Jiraiya.

"Kuchiyose no jutsu!" said Animal Path. Jiraiya also used Kuchiyose no jutsu. He summoned Gamaken.

"I’m clumsy, but I’ll do what I can," said Gamaken and fought Pain’s three-headed dog. Then Jiraiya summoned married couple Fukasaku and Shimo.

"I was making dinner right now!" said Shima.

"You can make it after this," said Fukasaku.

"So what do you need, Jiraiya-chan?" asked Fukasaku.

"Can you activate Sage mode on me? I will fight meanwhile you’ll do it," said Jiraiya and they nodded. Then other Path attacked Jiraiya. It was Human Path and it yanked Jiraiya's soul. Jiraiya prevented this at the last minute and ran away to help the toads.

His Sage mode was now activated and Deva Path was already waiting on him. There were three Paths now and frogs used their genjutsu on him, even though Shima was against it. Then Jiraiya caught them with his Kuchiyose no jutsu. Three Paths were dead now and Jiraiya went to fought residue. But when he found other Paths, he saw all of them.

"Nonsense, I’ve already beaten three!" Jiraiya started panicking. It was late now, Jiraiya was injured from his battle with them. He was almost out of chakra and was tired too. Shima vanished so there was now only Fukasaku.

All Paths of Pain took their Chakra rods and they stabbed Jiraiya. Jiraiya now without his hand, which took Pain’s three-headed dog, was slowly dying from bleeding. Pain thought it was the end and recalled his Paths. Then he saw Jiraiya writting something on the back of the frog. It was code for Naruto. Then Jiraiya fell to the sea where were strong currents.

"I hoped to see you achieve your dream, Naruto. I couldn’t save your father and my Sensei, my friend too and when I look back then, my all life was just one big failure. If I could die like a hero, like Minato. Well, it doesn’t matter now," said Jiraiya his last words and then died.

Pain wanted to kill the toad, but Fukasaku managed to escape. This was sad end of Jiraiya the Gallant. Now because Naruto was still injured they had to wait one week in Hidden Sand Village.

"Naruto, you know when we killed Sasori what he said," said Sakura and handed Naruto a paper.

"Except that Kakashi and I killed him," thought Naruto. On the paper was written address of Orochimaru’s hideout. He got it from Kabuto before he died.

"So what do you want from me?" asked Naruto.

"I’m still grateful for what you did 2,5 years ago, but I wanted to ask you if you would go with me on this place," said Sakura.

"And would you go on a date with me after this?" asked Naruto.

"Who do you take me for! Besides you should go with Hinata!" said Sakura.

"Tss, I already said she’s just a friend!" said Naruto. (New Adrien Agresste :-D)

"Sasuke-kun is the only one I want to go on a date with," said Sakura.

"Geez, you know he tried to kill you once?" said Naruto.

"But you saved me so it doesn’t matter!" said Sakura.

"Uhh, nowadays girls doesn’t have any taste," thought Naruto.

"Of course I saved you, I’ll save you million-times if it will help you to get together with Sasuke!" said sarcastically Naruto.

"Hey, keep it. I don’t talk about your love life too!"

"Yeah, and what about that mentioning Hinata?" said Naruto.