Chapter 22 - Jiraiya's death

"You scared him away!" yelled Sakura.

"Not my fault, let’s go home," said Naruto and Sakura frowned at him all the way.

But when they came, Naruto saw crying Tsunade and a toad on the table.

"W-what happened? Where’s Pervy Sage?!"

"Jiraiya-chan was killed in a battle with Pain, leader of Akatsuki" said Fukasaku. Naruto punched the wall.

"Why did you send him on a suicide mission like this?! If he was Hokage, he wouldn’t do such a thing to you!" yelled Naruto at Tsunade.

"Naruto!" Sakura wanted to punch him.

"Sakura, let him," said Tsunade. Naruto left, sobbing all the way home.

"Why him? Why not me? I've had enough of this hell!" thought Naruto.

"Naruto-kun, are you okay?" asked Hinata.

"Do I look like I am?!" said Naruto.

"Sorry, I didn’t want to..."

"Wait, Hinata, maybe you’ll understand me," said Naruto and told her about Jiraiya.

"That’s terrible, how could someone be so cruel?!" said Hinata.

"S-so how are you doing as a medical ninja?" Naruto change the theme.

"Still better, now I can destroy cells and cut arteries, even change nerves," said Hinata.

"That’s awesome, can you heal me? Because right here it hurts the most," said Naruto and put her hand on his heart. Hinata looked sadly at him.

"Here," said Naruto and gave her the other half of his popsicle.

"T-thank you," said Hinata.

"Tommorow will Pervy Sage have a funeral, come with me," said Naruto.

"Is it okay?" asked Hinata.

"Of course, you are my friend after all." Out of nowhere, the word friend began to irritate Naruto‘s heart. Then he said goodbye to Hinata and left home. The next day was Jiraiya’s funeral even thought his body hasn't been found.

Naruto went to pick up Hinata. He marked her yesterday to get to her faster. But he appeared in a shower with her.

"Ahhhh!" screamed Hinata and Naruto covered her mouth.

"Psst, or your dad will find me here," said Naruto. Hinata calmed down and Naruto looked at her naked body. But Hinata slapped him and ran way.

"Is this the same Hinata who always fainted when I talked to her?" thought Naruto. And he blushed when he remembered what he just saw.

"I finally understand Pervy Sage now," said Naruto. But he fell into depression again when he remembered him. Naruto went outside to wait on Hinata.

She wore black jacket with black tight skirt. It suited her with her black hair. Naruto wore black leather jacket with black tracksuit.

"H-Hinata, I’m sorry for what happened before," said Naruto.

"Let’s go, or we’ll miss it," said gently Hinata.

"R-right," said Naruto. The funeral was sad, Naruto cried all the time. After this Naruto took Hinata to the forest.

"What are we doing here?" asked Hinata.

"I will make him other grave. This is place where we first trained and ate popsicles." Naruto marked the grave for memory.

"I’ll go here everytime I’ll be sad," said Naruto. He put there a picture with his old self and Jiraiya. Hinata hugged him.

"Thanks, Hinata," said Naruto and hugged her back.

The next day Naruto was distinguishing the code Jiraiya made for him. It was obvious it was something from his book.

"I got it!" said Naruto.

"The real one’s not among them."

"What the heck does this mean?! Guess I’ll found out soon," thought Naruto. Suddenly in his apartment appeared Fukasaku.

"Naruto-chan, for your upcoming fight I’ll teach you senjutsu. Come with me!"

"Senjutsu? Okay, let me pack my things," said Naruto and after awhile he transported with Fukasaku to Mount Myoboku.

"Naruto-kun, are you here?" No one was responding so Hinata opened the door. She found empty apartment with only marked kunai laying there so she rushed to Tsunade. She explained her that Naruto went to train again.

Meanwhile in Orochimaru’s hideout

"Sasuke-kun, it’s time for you to give me your body," said Orochimaru.

"Heh, like I’d do it when you look like this!" said Sasuke when he saw weakened Orochimaru.

"What’s the meaning of this?!"

"This!" said Sasuke and attacked him. Orochimaru didn't last long and after a while Sasuke killed him.

"Nii-san, you are next!" said psychopathic Sasuke.