𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝚆𝙴𝚂𝚃 𝙱𝙰𝙻𝚃𝙸𝙼𝙾𝚁𝙴 📍
𝐓𝐑𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈 𝐌𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐇𝐘 | 𝐌𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐇
⇏ ⇏ ⇏ ⇏

𝚆𝙴𝚂𝚃 𝙱𝙰𝙻𝚃𝙸𝙼𝙾𝚁𝙴 📍𝐓𝐑𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈 𝐌𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐇𝐘 | 𝐌𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐇⇏ ⇏ ⇏ ⇏

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"The body of —,"

"Wait hold up — turn this up." I tapped my aunt as we all sat around the living room creating flyers and gettings things ready for Tierany.

"The body of an unknown female and male was discovered last night — as far as we know the cause of death was a car accident. No further information has been disclosed at this point." The news reporter spoke into the tv and we all kind of got quiet as we looked around at one another.

"Y'all don't thin-," cutting Jakari off Taje spoke up.

"Nah — that ain't my sister," Taje spoke up, shaking his head.

"Can't be — she, no." I spoke up, cutting my words off.

"Wait until they come back — maybe they'll have more information," my auntie Yana spoke up making me nod my head.

I could feel my throat closing — I couldn't fathom the fact of losing another sister.

I just.. I can't.

Not like this.

Sighing deeply, we all waited impatiently for more news on the accident.

I grabbed a bottle of water and took a swig to wet my throat — shit was so dry.

A few minutes go by and the news come back on.

"The bodies of these victims have been identified as 16 year old, Tierany Alana Murphy & 20 year old Chance Anthony Tatum. If you or anyone knows who these victims are, please contact the police immediately."

Shutting the tv off, I took the remote and flung it across the house, making it break.

I stood up and took a deep breath, trying my best to remain calm.

Why God? Why you keep taking my family from me?

I punched a hole in the wall — all my anger and hurt building up.

Its been a year and just like that my baby sister gone.

First my mama, then Lotus and now Tierany.

Shit ain't fair.

I felt arms go around me and I looked down seeing Tiana in my arms, she was in full blown tears.

I grabbed ahold of her and held onto her tight.

"I love you baby sis." I told her as I placed my chin on the top of her head.

Looking at my family — everyone was distraught.

Tylin was being held by Taje and my aunt Yana was being consoled by Kai; who also had tears running down his face.

Everyone was crying, there was so much pain in this house.

I regretted everything I said to my sister, instead of yelling at her, I should've told her I loved her.

Now she's gone and there ain't shit I could do about it.

There was 6 of us .. now only 4 remain.

Just like that — important people in my life are just gone.

I ain't never a felt a pain like this — my heart cries out for my sister.

How I'm gon tell my dad another one of his daughters are gone? How he gon handle this?

Sighing Tiana let go of me and started walking off.

"Where you going?" I called out to her.

"I need to be by myself." She choked out as she disappeared upstairs.

That was her twin, her other half, her best friend and for her it was like losing the second half of her.

Sliding down the wall, I placed my head in my hands and just cried.

Disbelief.. was all I could feel right now.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

The whole family, except for Tiana and Tylin went down to verify Tierany's body, to be sure it was indeed her.

This was probably the scariest part.

I had to identify my dead sister.

Being escorted to the back, where there was a body laying on this white table and a sheet was drapped over their body.

We weren't allowed inside so we had to view her from the glass that separated us.

I held onto my aunts hand who hadn't stopped crying since we left the house.

Feel like in some ways, she probably thinks she failed my mama.

Simply because my mama wanted them under her wig if things went left .. and now look where we standing?

In another hospital .. identifying yet another body.

"I am so sorey for your loss." A doctor spoke.

He waved over to the person inside and they slowly pulled back the white sheet that covered my sister.

As soon as she was showed, my blood ran cold.

Seeing her laying there, lifeless wasn't something I wanted to see.. I bent over and threw up, letting everything I consumed out of my body.

You probably thinking, you kill people right?

Why you throwing up?

I'm throwing up cause thats my blood — did the same shit when Lotus died.

Seeing my loved ones on that table was a pain I don't wish onna soul.

I sighed deeply, drowing some water.

The whole hospital could feel my families pain as we walked out from that identification room.

We all sulked and cried .. just in disbelief.

Reality had set it in quick though, my baby sister was gone.

There was no getting her back.

Man oh man ... this life can't get any worse.