Chapter 53: Trouble in Paradise

You were still hanging out with the Serpents and getting acquainted with them and you genuinely enjoyed their company.
"Aren't the Serpents amazing?" Jughead asked smiling.
"They are amazing."
"Hey F/N how do you like the Northside? Have you ever been to the Southside?" Sweet Pea asked.
"The Northside isn't my favorite spot I'm a bit of an outcast here. I have been to the White Wyrm before so I have been to the Southside." You smiled proudly.
Veronica then walked in with a smile.
"I don't think we properly met. Veronica Lodge." Veronica introduced.
"Of the Park Avenue Lodges." Jughead stated eating a chip.
"And F/N's twin sister." Veronica added looking at you with a smile.
All the Serpents gave you a weird look.
"Wait you're a Lodge?" Fangs asked confused.
You sheepishly nodded.
"Toni Topaz." Toni said and shook Veronica's hand.
"Oh like the purple colored gemstone. Love it." Veronica said.
You sensed an uncomfortable air in the room.
"And I'm Josie McCoy formerly of a band now just Josie." Josie said in a hurt tone.
"And this Kevin." She introduced.
Fangs looked at Kevin and Kevin looked back.
"What's your name?" Kevin asked.
"Fogarty or you can call me Fangs." Fangs introduced.
"Your last name is Keller right?" Fangs asked.
"How did you know that?" Kevin said perplexed.
"Joaquin and I used to hang out." Fangs answered. "He talked about you all the time."
"You guys! Yes you come with me now!" The Principal barked.
Everyone got up and followed him. You looked down and saw a Serpent logo painted over the Riverdale medallion.
"Well it looks better than it did before." You chuckled.
Sweet Pea looked at you and shared a laugh and playfully touched your arm.
"Which of you defaced our school seal?" Principal Weatherbee asked in a serious manner.
"It couldn't of been any of them! I was with them the whole time! It was probably that bulldog idiot boy Reggie standing right next to you with a smug look on his face!" You defended.
"Quiet Miss Lodge! Before you get suspended. You're on thin ice already seeing as you are friendly with the gang. You could of been apart of this. So unless you want a punishment I would pipe down." Mr Weatherbee threatened giving you a cold glare.
Sweet Pea and Jughead stood in front of you.
"You can't talk to her like that!" Sweet Pea exclaimed.
"She hasn't done anything wrong." Jughead added.
"Answer the question." Principal Weatherbee said.
"This is what they do principal Weatherbee. They tag their turf." Reggie said.
You gave Reggie a mean look. If looks could kill he would be dead three times over.
"My God Reggie could you be any more transparent?" Veronica asked.
"No gang behavior of any kind will be tolerated in my school. As of this moment no more Serpent Jackets and all tattoos need to be covered. Possession of any gang items whatsoever will lead to immediate suspension." Principal Weatherbee stated.
The Serpents started mumbling confused by this action and utterly annoyed.
"Are we clear?" Principal Weatherbee asked.
They looked and nodded obviously mad.
"That's all." The Principal said dismissing us.
"This isn't fair." You thought. As you were walking away you turned back and gave Reggie an evil glare letting him know you two are on thin ice.
"F/N are you coming with us to the White Wyrm?" Jughead asked.
"Sure I'll come." You said.
"Okay well Toni and I are riding together so you and Sweet Pea will be riding together." Jughead said.
"Why can't we ride together?" You asked confused.
Jughead gave you a mean look. "I don't want to sit on a motorcycle with any Lodges F/N."
You watched him walk away to Toni and he was smiling and happy and something broke inside you.
"Come on F/N. He's a loser anyway." Sweet Pea said.
You nodded and got on the bike.
"You ready for ride?" Sweet Pea asked with a smirk.
"Always." You said with a smirk. You got on the bike and held on to him tight. As you were riding all your worries and fears disappeared. You were just watching everything fly by until you got to the White Wyrm.
"Woohoo! We're here!" You cheered."
"Yeah we are!" Sweet Pea exclaimed.
Fangs came up and gave Sweet Pea a bro hug.
We all walked inside.
"I don't know how you guys don't see it! Weatherbee is profiling us." Jughead said mad.
"Telling us what to wear. What's next? Brain implants controlling what we think?" Jughead asked.
"Jughead now you're taking it a bit too far. Yeah Weatherbee is profiling but he wouldn't mind control you." You stated.
"Jughead you sound like a conspiracy nut. I agree with F/N you're taking it too far. A school closed down." Toni said.
"A crappy school." Sweet Pea said not looking up from his game.
"Yeah and now we're at a better one. With a computer lab and textbooks." Toni said.
"And toilet that flush." SweetPea added.
"Getting transferred for Riverdale High is the best thing that could happen." Toni said.
"Maybe ever." Sweet Pea interjected.
"So if I have to take off my jacket 8:30- 3 Monday to Friday I'm down with that." Toni said picking up her drink.
Jughead stared at her in disbelief and shook his head and walked away.
"F/N you have to see this game." Sweet Pea said.
"Sweet Pea Im sure she isn't the type of girl to want to see an arcade game." Toni said. "She's a Lodge. She has refined taste."
You looked at her confused. "I'm nothing like my family."
"Jughead said you are just like them and you are just using us for political gain." Toni nonchalantly stated.
"He said that?" You asked hurt.
Toni nodded. "Yup."
"Any person with a brain can clearly see she isn't like them. If she was she wouldn't even be at the White Wyrm." Sweet Pea eyes glued on the game.
"Hey Im just saying what he's saying. From what I can tell you seem like someone I can chill with." Toni stated.
You nodded and got up and walked over to see the game Sweet Pea is glued to.
"It's simple you should try to play." He said.
"Okay I'll try." You said a bit nervous you were going to fail. You started to push the buttons and move the character around.
"There you got it." Sweet Pea cheered. You were still playing being extra cautious so you didn't embarrass yourself by losing. You licked your lips getting into the zone and you beat the level.
"Wooooo!" Sweet Pea and Fangs cheered giving you high fives.
"Amazing F/N!" Sweet Pea said.
Jughead then walked back and he was even more mad.
"Sweet Pea will you take F/N back to her house. She shouldn't even be here she's not even a Serpent. She's a Lodge. A spoiled little rich girl who always uses people." Jughead hissed.
You started to tear up. "You don't even know me then."
"I invite her here I give her approval to be here. She doesn't even need approval she defended us more than anyone. Come on F/N." Sweet Pea said glaring at Jughead.
"Don't cry over that loser." He said.
You wiped your tears. "I'm not trying to."
"Let's get you home." Sweet Pea said.
You nodded and got clung onto him tightly. When you arrived home he gave you a wave goodbye and you went into your room and cried into your pillow.