Chapter 61: Secrets Uncovered and Meeting with the Serpent King and Prince

You received a text from Betty which is strange.
Betty: Can you come over to my house right now?
You: Sure
You got your bag and started to head over to the Coopers.  You knocked on the door and a strange boy with hazel eyes and short blonde hair and defined jaw opened the door.

"Who are you?" He asked.
"I could ask you the same." You said.
"I'm Chic Betty's brother." He replied.
"F/N Lodge Betty's friend." You said trying to be polite.
"Oh is that F/N? Let her in Betty told me you were coming." Mrs Cooper said with a smile.
"F/N how are you doing? How's your family?" She asked.
"We're all doing good. Where's Betty?" You asked.
"Upstairs in her room." Mrs Cooper said.
"Okay thank you." You said and started to make your way to Betty's room.  You opened the door and Betty was there slightly panicking.

"What's wrong?" You asked.
"Keep your voice down F/N I can't let my mom find out I'm telling you." Betty whispered.
"What is it?" You asked concerned.
"Some guy came over and I guess attacked my mom and brother and he was killed and I helped clean up the body and I put him in the woods  I took his phone and figured out he's a dealer and I'm freaking out." Betty panicked.
You were stunned you didn't even know what to say.
"I don't want to be an accessory to a murder." You whispered shouted.
"I'm sorry but I felt like I could go to you because you can be quiet." She apologized.
"Well you can't get caught and a good way to get caught is having his phone and going back to that area where you placed the body."  You said. 

"Now I have to go settle a deal with Jughead and FP act normal so you don't get caught." You instructed.
"Well if you get questioned by the cops just in case they find out I give you permission to rat me out." Betty said.
"I was going to do that regardless of whether or not I had your permission. Later Bets." You replied.

She waves goodbye and you were off to Sunnyside.  You got there and sat on a chair next to Veronica with Jughead sending you glares.
"F/N come sit by me." Your Dad said.
You breathed in and sat by your Dad. With Jughead staring into your eyes with hatred.
"Thank you for meeting us here because of this misunderstanding." Your Dad said.
"There's no misunderstanding." Jughead and FP said.

"Tall boy said you paid him to cut the head off the statue as an excuse to turn up the heat with the Serpents." Jughead and FP stated.
"Ask your daughter here." FP said pointing at you.
You were uncomfortable and your Dad noticed that. 
"There has to be an agreement that can be made here." You said.

"I've got a lot of nervous people scared they are going to lose their homes." FP said.
"I heard about that and though it has nothing to do with me I have spoken with Mayor McCoy as a gesture of good will I would like to settle any money you or your neighbors have." Your Dad said.
"What do you want in return?" Jughead asked.
"Peace in the land." Your Dad said.
"What do you think?" You asked.
"It's a deal." FP said and  shook your Dad's hand.

"Just one more thing Mayor McCoy said there was some sort of exposé you're working on Jughead. So in exchange for my generous offer I'd appreciate if you kept my name out of it. Sound fair?" Your Dad asked.
"That sounds a lot like a bribe. No deal." Jughead said with his arms crossed.
"See you in the funny pages." FP said.
"You two think you are so clever." You mumbled.

"I might even add F/N's name Im sure she has a lot of dirt on her." Jughead claimed.
"In the beginning I couldn't even believe she was a Lodge but the way you've been training her Hiram she's a spitting image of you." FP commented.
"Your scandalous claims have no factual evidence against any of us I could care less if the whole esposé was about me  I know the truth and you know the truth about me Jones." You glared.

  You and Veronica came home after going to Pops and saw Mayor McCoy leave the house yelling.
"What's going on?" You asked.
"Giving the exposé your friend Jughead is writing about us your mother and I think it's best to accelerate our timetable." Your Dad said.
"We told Mayor McCoy we should announce our plans for Southside High typical Sierra she doesn't agree and wants us to wait until she's re-elected." Your Mom said.
"She's threatening to expose us if we proceed without her. If this isn't handled properly the whole town will be out for our blood." Your Dad said.
"If we get her out of the mayor's office her whole scandal the damage will be minimized." Your Mom said.
"How are we going to do that?" You and Veronica asked.
"I had Andre follow her and let's just say she spends an awful amount of time at cheap motels." Your Dad replied.
"It's time for operation guess who's coming to dinner." Your Mom said.

You and Veronica exchanged concerned looks.
"Is everything going to be okay?" You asked.
"Of course mija." Your Dad reassured.
"As long as everything goes according to plan."
Your Mom said.
"Every last little thing every single tiny microscopic little thing must go according to plan." You muttered. 
"I'm going to go for a walk. I'll see you later." Veronica said.

You waved goodbye and you went to text Sweetpea. You sent him a long message about what's happening.
Sweetpea: Thats crazy  wow there's no rest in Riverdale
You: There really isn't. I can't believe what's happening
Sweetpea: Stay safe for me I need you

Just then Jughead messaged you.
Jughead: No hard feelings towards you just towards your parents I hope you understand
You: No I don't understand because you attacking them is also attacking me. I know they can do questionable things but they are my parents. When FP was in jail you fought for him so I'm doing the same for my parents. I hope you understand.
You sighed and threw your phone down.

You were watching the news with your family and you saw Mayor McCoy was resigning.
"We didn't even make our play." Your Mom said.
"It makes it easier for us." You said.
"I wonder if your sister said something." Your Dad muttered. 
It was a bit later and you heard Archie and your Dad talking. You were listening in and heard.

"I was hoping you could help my  Dad." Archie said
"I will get this sorted with Agent Adams." Your Dad replied.
"You're not going to?" Archie asked uneasy.
"No. No one Archie is going to. It's not my first tangling with the FBI you did the right thing telling me give me 24 hours and I will get back to you." Your Dad replied calmly.
"I really didn't tell them anything Mr Lodge." Archie said.
"And I believe you. Now go." Your Dad said.

That was your cue and so you left.
"Hey F/N!" Archie called waves.
"Hey Archie." You replied as if everything was normal.
You met up with Sweetpea at Pops and saw Betty, Jughead, FP, and Alice sitting together talking. 
"I wonder if she told Jughead." You wondered.
"No more loose ends." Was all you heard.  You placed your head onto Sweetpea's arm and shut your eyes. Almost hoping that magically everything would be fine.

Hi guys author here! I hope you are guys are enjoying the story. I want to know who's team Sweetpea and who's team Jughead?