07 Hurricane

Between the interstellar voids in the sky
And the intoxicating cracks in her eyes,
I'm finding myself.

Mustafa Tattan

Heart is a strange organ: it will keep you restless if it yearns for something, no matter how great a peace of mind you try to find to compensate for the ache it causes

Heart is a strange organ: it will keep you restless if it yearns for something, no matter how great a peace of mind you try to find to compensate for the ache it causes. It's a dull, numbing pain draining your tranquility until there is none of it but emptiness.

His thoughts are null, knowing he has lost the battle, but his hearts still longs for the impossible. He doesn't know what progress he had made in getting over her, but with his memories gone it feels like he's back to square one.

Burq gazes at the slowly ascending sun in the sky; it reminds him of her. Doha. How she was always bright as the day; how her name complimented her. Maybe she's still the same— or maybe more beautiful.

Is she happy with his brother? Does Doha love Raad more than him? Or more importantly, did Doha ever love him?

A knock comes at his bedroom door, pausing his dwelling on the past momentarily.

"Come in," Burq permits, keeping his eyes out of the window.

Waleed walks in. "Good morning, your lordship," he greets.

Burq acknowledges him with a nod.

"I've brought your breakfast from the café, my lord. Do you want me to serve it for you?"

Since the day he was discharged from the hospital and came home to uptil now, Leyla visits him everyday and prepares his meals for him, except his breakfasts. So Waleed has to bring him breakfast from the café as Leyla cannot come early every morning, and Burq isn't used to eating from his servants' hands. Although with the story of Adam and Satan Leyla had told him, he has been thinking: what is this discrimination?

"No, I'll eat later," he refuses.

"As you pleases, my lord. Tell me what would you like to have for lunch and dinner so I can get your meals from a restaurant."

At this, Burq finally looks away from the sky outside to his butler. "What do you mean? Where's Leyla?"

It has been almost two weeks since his accident happened, and she has been with him every day. Naturally, he has gotten used to her presence around him. And truthfully, he doesn't really mind her company. She's the polar opposite of him and not his type, but she's fascinating nonetheless.

"Ms. Leyla is not coming today. She called just a while back to tell me to inform you."

Burq frowns. "But why?"

"I've no idea, your lordship."

A strange feeling of loneliness envelopes him. He doesn't know what it is, but he knows he doesn't like the news Waleed has given him. His mood for the rest of the day is going to be sour.