chapter 1

LOUIS POV

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

I slammed my hand over my alarm clock. I was annoyed for waking up so early but that annoyance was quickly overruled by the feeling of nervousness. First day of school. At a new school. Great. I hate being new, everything is so foreign, people look at you all weird. You arrive at a new place completely and utterly lost without any friends to guide you. I had made a couple friends at my old school, but we were never really close. I think I repel people somehow. I pushed the thought from my head and quickly sat up and slid my feet into my slippers.

I went downstairs, only to be engulfed in a bear hug by two little girls. My sisters, the twins Daisy and Phoebe.

"Are you exited for your first day of school Loubear?" Daisy said excitedly. I grinned at the nickname I had gotten from here when she was younger.

"Yeah," I replied, heading towards the kitchen with both of them trailing behind me; "I'm very nervous though."

My mum, Johanna, chuckled from behind the counter.

"You'll be just fine love." She said as she leaned forwards and pressed a light kiss to my temple. I sat down at the table joined by the twins when Lottie came down, looking like a literal zombie.

She hated the fact that we moved to Holmes Chapel, and she complained about it all the time. And to be honest, I couldn't blame her.... Lottie, unlike me, had a lot of friends. She even had boys who had crushes on her. She was considered 'popular', and unlike the movies where no one actually likes the popular people, everyone liked Lottie. I wasn't worried about her, I knew she would get home that evening and talk about all the new people she sat with at lunch.

I, however, would probably get home and talk about the fact that one or two people apologized after bumping in to me. Which would be a small improvement from my last school, because to apologize they'd need to actually acknowledge me. I was in a very small friend group. It was me, Stan and Jake. We always hung out just the three of us and although no one particularly disliked us, no one cared about us either. We weren't considered the school nerds but we weren't considered kids that were cool enough to talk to either. I'm fine with that though. I just hope I make a couple of friend at this new school.

As soon as we were done with breakfast Lottie and I set off to school. Because our dad had to get to work early and our mum needed to bring the twins to their primary school or whatever, Lottie and I were left to walk. Which is okay really, the school isn't very far.

As soon as we arrived the both of us were sent to the office to pick up our timetables. A young girl, who was probably in Lottie's year was already there waiting for us.

"Hi! You must be Lottie right?" she asked. Lottie simply smiled and nodded in response. "Right well I'm your 'buddy' you could say. We have most of classes together so I can show you around school and such. I'm Eleanor by the way." She said to Lottie as they walked out the office. The only ones left were the receptionist and I.

I quickly glanced at her to see her glaring at someone out the window. I followed her gaze and my eyes landing a blonde haired guy, who I assumed to be my 'buddy' running towards the office. As he arrived at the door he pushed them open rather violently and stopped inside the office. His hands were on his knees as he kneeled down to catch his breath. The receptionist sighed and looked at me.

"Louis this is Niall Horan, he's your buddy. I don't why he volunteered if he couldn't even get here on time but here we are anyways." She added the last sentence while glaring at Niall, who simply gave her a sheepish grin.

"Oh... um hi I'm Louis" I said to him .

"Niall!" he said energetically, reaching forward to shake hands. I shook his hand and he continued. "We have pretty much all of our classes together so consider me to be your guide or something."

I nodded as I followed him out of the office into the crowded hallway. As we walked down the hallway I noticed he had a pretty thick accent, which I soon recognized to be an Irish accent.

"After lunch period you have one class which I'm not in but I can show you the way there before the bell rings."

"Thanks..." I smiled at him, as if to tell him to continue, which he did.

"At lunch you can sit with my pals Liam and Zayn. And me of course. We have a couple other friends who sit with us at times but mostly it's the three of us. Well, now four if we count you."

"That'd be nice, thanks." I said to him as stopped in front of a door. He pointed inside.

"History, our first class of the day. This class is boring but it can be fun if you're sitting next to a friend, which I was not last year. But this year, we're gonna have fun." He said happily as he wrapped his fingers around my wrist and dragged me inside, towards to back of the class.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okkkk so that was a  short and boring first chapter I know but I'm gonna upload the second either tomorrow or the day after and that one will be interesting for sure so make sure to stay tuned!!!!!!!

Vote if you enjoyed!!!