chapter 9

LOUIS POV

"NIALL I SAID BUY ONE YOU IDIOT!!"

I raised my eyebrows and turned around in my seat to see Niall sprinting into the cafeteria holding 5 or six packets of chips and snacks. Liam closely behind chasing Niall.

When Niall arrived he quickly grabbed my shoulder and stood me up, using me as a shield to Liam who arrived shortly after.

"Would someone care to explain what's going on?" Zayn, said, clearly unimpressed.

Liam gave up and sat down next to Zayn with a huff.

"I gave my wallet to Niall for a minute for him to buy his snack and not even 10 seconds later I turn around and this asshole has 6 packets of chips already in hand, ordering another one and wasting all my money on that overpriced vending machine!"

Niall grinned form ear to ear as he let go of me, sat down and opened one of his packets.

"Here you go Payno!" he said happily as he returned Liams half empty wallet to him, earning a glare in reply.

I chuckled and sat back down. I felt two eyes burning at the back of my head again and turned around to see Harry, who was staring at me with a blank expression. I attempted to hold his gaze, but like the baby I was I was the first to turn away, blushing.

I sighed and turned my attention back to the table, only to find all three of them staring at me questionably.

"...what?" I asked after a moment of silence. They all exchanged glances and then smirked at me.

"I knew it!" Niall smiled triumphantly while the other two chuckled.

"You knew what?" I asked, confusion settling on my face.

"You like him."  Zayn stated. My eyes widened.

"W-what? No... I d-don't. De-definitely not."

They all snickered.

"Mate your stuttering gives it away!" Liam laughed, am I'm pretty sure my face turned crimson red.

"No I don't..." I grumbled, crossing my arms.

"Yeah you do, Niall noticed you guys stare at each other all the time and you always blush! When he told us we weren't sure but you just did it again!" Zayn snickered again.

"I barely know him! We talked like 2 times and every time I go near him he avoids me!"

"Maybe so but you still like him, don't even try and deny it." Niall laughed. When I shot him a deadly glare he put his hands up in defense.

"Hey mate I'm not judging, If I were into guys I'd probably find him attractive as well! Not only that but if he saved ME I'd be head over heals for him..." Niall laughed, "but seriously, watch out for him yeah? We've warned you before and we'll do it again if we need to."

The other boys nodded in agreement. I sighed and looked in his direction, only to find out he wasn't there anymore. I scanned the cafeteria and spotted him heading towards the exit.

"I'll be right back..." I said to the boys without even looking at them. They snickered.

"If you say so Tommo..." Liam laughed.

I got up and jogged across the cafeteria. By the time I got close enough to call his name, we were in an empty hall.

"Harry!" I called, he turned around quickly to glance at me then kept walking. I narrowed my eyes and jogged up in front of him. Making him stop.

"You know when someone calls your name the polite thing to do is answer."

He sighed and looked at me impatiently.

"What do you want?" he asked bitterly, but I brushed off his tone.

"To know why you're so closed off from everyone and everything?"

He rolled his eyes.

"It's none of your business." He answered, and walked around me and kept going. I walked in front of him again and turned around making him stop.

"If you don't want to tell me, fine. Just hang out with my friends and I, at least once." I tried a more pleading voice.

"Listen, I'm not a good person to be around ok? I'm a bad influence and a bad person in general so I'm doing you a favor by not hanging out with you."

I crossed my arms stubbornly and looked up at him, our eyes locking once more.

"I don't believe that for one second. I don't believe you're a bad person."

I watched his face carefully as it softened a little. He sighed sadly.

"Trust me, Louis is it?"

I nodded in confirmation.

"It's best if you stay away...." He said quietly and walked away. This time I just stood in place, thinking about what he just said. I suddenly turned around.

"I am going to find out you know." I stated.

He stopped in his tracks but didn't turn around.

"I am eventually going to break this weird wall you keep around you." i continued.

"Good luck with that." He answered softly and kept going.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE vote if you're enjoying the story <33333333

also stuff is about to happen i'm so exited!!