chapter 8

LOUIS POV

I walked up to the front door of the training center. I paused before opening the door. I scoffed and shook my head.

"I'm so stupid." I quietly chuckled to myself. "

I pushed the doors open and was immediately engulfed  with the cool air from the air conditioning. Straight up ahead in the room was a desk with a receptionist who was currently on the phone with someone. I took a moment to look around and examine the room. Seeing as it was the only Kung Fu school in town I was surprised at how big it was.

It was a very spacious place and it had multiple kids, my age our younger in uniform, either getting ready for class or stretching. In every corner of the room a couple potted plants stood, making the the whole room seem brighter somehow. On the walls were multiple pictures, all of them very big and taking up so much space there was barely space left on the wall.

I scanned the pictures until my eyes landed on one in particular, on the left wall. It was Harry.

In the picture he was in mid-jump about to kick his opponent. He had a bandana pushing his curls back and even though he wasn't using his hands his fists were prepared to punch someone in the face. He wasn't wearing a proper outfit though. He had black sweats and a white tank top that showed off a lot of his muscles.

To say he was attractive in the picture would be an understatement. I found myself staring at the picture for way too long and quickly snapped out of it.

I looked towards the receptionist who was now typing away on her computer and approached her. As I neared her she looked up at smiled brightly at me.

"Hiya love how can I help you?" she asked me.

"Hi... um.... I was wondering if I could know when a student here has his classes? Like what day and times?" I asked awkwardly, probably looking like a weird stalker. She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Is there a student you have in mind? And I also need to know your relation to him or her, we don't give out this information to random people."

"Right yeah of course, I understand. Um... the student Harry Styles? I'm a fellow classmate." I said. She looked towards her computer again and started typing, probably searching up his name in the system.

"We don't have a student named Harry here, sorry love."

I frowned.

"What? But he's right there!" I said pointing to the picture of Harry on the wall. She stood up from her chair and leaned over the desk to see where I was pointing at.

"Oh! That boys name is Ashton, not Harry. You must be confusing him with someone else."

Obviously his name was not Ashton, but I played along with it anyway.

"Ohh! Right of course! Ashton. Sorry I had him mistaken for someone else in my class who kind of looks like him. Could I have Ashton's schedule?"

She nodded and looked up his timetable. As we waited for the paper to print she started telling me about Harry's, or Ashton's, skill level.

"Ashton is very good. He's been coming here 3 times a week ever since he was 11. He's been offered a spot on the team many times but he always refused, no one knows why exactly. He'd be an amazing asset to the team because he wins every single fight, sometimes even against older boys."

I nodded along to what she said. As soon as the paper was finished printing I took it from her and was about to thank her and leave when she stopped me.

"You never told me why you need his timetable?"

"We have a school project together and he always says he's really busy with Kung Fu every time I suggest we get together to work on it so now I know weather he'll be lying or not." I lied. I impressed myself with the short story I had come up with in a matter of seconds. The receptionist laughed, apparently buying my story.

"Well good luck to you then. Have a nice day!"

"Thank you, bye!" I smiled at her then turned around to leave.

As I left the training center and started making my way home I thought about how I now had 2 things to ask him about.

Why he was so closed off and why he went by the name Ashton.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PLOT TWIST! This chapter is a little shorter sorry! Next chapter coming soon!

PLEASE vote if you're enjoying this story it would mean so so so much!