chapter 17

*COUPLE WEEKS LATER*

HARRY POV

I woke up with a heavy feeling of nervousness set in my stomach and very prominent bags under my eyes. I wasn't able to sleep properly, I kept waking up every half an hour or so with my brain yelling at me that today was the day everything could potentially go downhill.

The court session was at 2 pm, and I could already feel the anxiety in my stomach rise more and more at the thought. Today I would see my father for the first time since I mustered up the courage to punch him in the face. Of course right after my courage faltered and I ran like a little bitch. It was a bad day.

Of course that day had a couple highlights....

I looked down at the feathery hair that was laying on my chest, still sleeping soundly, his arms draped around my torso. A small smile creeped its way onto my lips.

Over the past couple of weeks I would wake up in the middle of the night screaming and trashing around in the sheets because of nightmares, most of the time of my dad. Louis' room was right next door to the guest room I was staying in and he heard me almost every single time. And each time he would run into the guest room to see if I was ok, and since he would usually end up staying with me for the rest of the night we got used to sleeping together and would alternate every night between his room and the guest room. However every morning when I woke up I was still taken aback by the fact that Louis, this wonderful amazing person, was cuddling me.

I smiled to myself once again and craned my neck to be able to look at the alarm clock. I had woken up around 5 minutes before the actual alarm would go off, so I decided to turn it off and wake Louis up myself since I knew he hated the sound of his alarm.

After I waited a couple minutes I started running my fingers through Louis' soft hair. When I saw him move a little I knew he was waking up. I leaned down and pressed a kiss to his cheek, but because of the slightly awkward angle I kissed him next to his lips.

Louis groaned slightly because of the waking up so early, I simply chuckled and looked at him fondly.

"Lou... Lou come on we need to wake up..." I said softly, still running my fingers through his hair.

"But the alarm didn't go off yet..." he said, still refusing to open his eyes.

"I am your alarm Lou... now come on. Up we get." I tried nudging his side a little, but it didn't work. This boy is impossible I swear.

"If you don't get up now you won't get any kisses all day." I said triumphantly.

Louis groaned loudly.

"Fine, fine I'm up." He said groggily as he pulled himself up in a sitting position. I sat up next to him and stretched.

"I'm up now kiss me..." Louis said attempting to bring my head closer.

"Nooo... we both have morning breath. I refuse to kiss you at the moment."

"Pleeeaassseeee!" he pouted like a little child and it was so adorably I almost gave in. Almost.

"Let's go brush our teeth and after I'll give you a kiss."

"Better be a good one..." he grumbled as he stood up and made his way to the bathroom.

I followed him in and stood next to him in front of the mirror, like we had been doing every day.

We both brushed our teeth for a couple minutes in silence.

After we were done we cleaned our toothbrushes to rid them of any remainder toothpaste and put them back onto the counter.

Louis turned to me and wrapped his arms around my neck, pulling me head down towards his. I chuckled again and snaked my arms around his waist, pulling him closer. Our lips met in a desperate kiss at first, but we soon melted into it and slowly kissed each other, our lips moving in sync like it had done so many times before.