Chapter 10

Carlos' POV:

     Mal opened the door to reveal Ben.

     (Y/N)'s not with him.

     I frowned, I wanted to thank her for getting rid of my fear of dogs.

     I know Ben helped, but I just want to talk to her for a bit.

     "Hey, Mal. I didn't see you guys today, I was just wondering if you have any questions or anything. Like you needed." Ben said, looking at all of us.

     "Not that I know."

     Mal looked back at us, and we shook our heads.

     "Okay! Alright! Well, uh, if you need anything just, uh..." Ben trailed off, taking a few steps away.

     "No, wait!"

     Mal called out, making Ben turn back to us.

     He walked back to Mal as she asked, "Um, is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?"

     Ben smiled.

     "Yeah, the whole school goes."

     "Wow! That is beyond exciting." Mal said as she held a strand of her hair.

     "Do you think that it's a possibility that the four of us could stand in the front row, next to the Fairy Godmother just so we could soak up all that goodness?"

     I looked at Jay and Evie then back at Ben and Mal with a grin.

     "I wish you could. Up front is just me, my folks, my secretary, and my girlfriend." Ben said, making our smiles turn into frowns.

     "Your girlfriend?"

     "Yeah, I'm sorry."

     "Okay! Thanks, bye."

     Mal shut the door in Ben's face.

     She then turned to us with a smile.

     "I think it's time, Bennyboo got himself a new girlfriend. And I need a love spell."

     Mal gestured me to get her spell book.

     I threw it to her and we went to the kitchens to bake.

     "Alright, it says that we still need one tear. And, I never cry." Mal said, as she mixed the ingredients that were already in the bowl.

     I grabbed an onion from beside me.

     "Let's just chop up some onions." I suggested.

     "No! It says that we need one tear of human sadness. And this love potion gets the best reviews so we have to follow it exactly!" Mal said, turning to us.

     "A tear's a tear." Jay said, I nodded in agreement.

     "That's not true, Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes but an emotional tear has more protein based hormones and a reflex tear." Evie said as she grabbed the flour.

     "Listen to you~" Mal said to her.

     "Yeah, I knew that." Jay said.

     I punched his arm.

     "Did not." I said with a smirk.

     "Yeah, I did." Jay repeated as he looked at me.

     The door opened and Lonnie walked in the kitchen.

     "There you are Mal! I was looking for you." Lonnie said as she walked over to us.

     I grabbed Dude and petted him.

     "You know, all the girls wanted you to do their hair."

     "Not (Y/N) though." I muttered, but Jay heard and punched my arm with a teasing smirk.

     "Midnight snack, huh? What you guys making?" Lonnie asked, peeping her head to see what's in the bowl.

     "Nothing special, just cookies." Mal said, but Lonnie dipped her finger in the bowl.

     "No!"

     All of us tried to stop her, but she already ate the amount she took.

     "What? I'm not gonna double dip." Lonnie said.

     We waited if something happens.

     "Feel anything?"

     "Yeah, like maybe missing something?"

     Evie and Mal asked her.

     Jay walked over to her, leaning on a pole.

     "Hey there!"

     Jay tried to be flirty.

     I quietly laugh in my seat.

     "Could use some chips?"

     Lonnie walked over to the fridge, all of us finally can breathe.

     I went to pet Dude again.

     "And those are?" Mal asked as she went back to mixing.

     "Chocolate chips. Just, the most important food group." Lonnie went to Mal with a bowl.

     "Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys like chocolate chip cookies? Like when you're feeling sad. And they're fresh from the oven with the big ol' glass of milk and she just makes you laugh, and puts everything into perspective and-"

     Lonnie stopped talking and looked at our sad expressions.

     "Why are you all looking at me like that?" She asked, uneasily.

     Mal shook her head.

     "It's just different when we're from..." She trailed off, continues to mix.

     "Yeah, I know. I just, you know, I thought. Even villains love their kids." Lonnie said.

     I looked down at Dude and remembered what I told (Y/N) and Ben earlier.

     "How awful..." She trailed off.

     I then heard Mal gasped, making me look back at them.

     "Yeah, well."

     Mal laughed.

     "Big bummer but we have to get these into the oven. So, thank you so much for coming by really, really. Have a good night! See you tomorrow, evil dreams!"

     She then pushed Lonnie out.

     Mal clapped her hands and turned to us.

     "Boys! Cookie sheets! Evie, oven!"

     We hurried to get the things and waited for the cookies to get ready.