Chapter 13

"Children, excuse me."

     All of us turned to Fairy Godmother and waited for what she has to say.

     "As you know, this Sunday is Family Day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance. We've arranged for a special treat." Fairy Godmother said to the VK's then walked over to the monitor.

     Carlos and I shared eye-contact and we smiled at eachother.

     Jay saw it and elbowed him.

     I quietly laughed as I looked at the Headmistress.

     Maleficent's face showed on the monitor.

     "I don't see anything nor do I hear."

      Fairy Godmother gestured the VK's to come closer and they followed as I walked closer to the group.

     The monitor showed their parents struggling to fix the screen.

     They gasped, meaning that it finally worked.

     The Evil Queen was first to talk.

     "Evie! It's mommy!"

     Evie waved to her.

     "Look how beautiful! You know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

     I heard her mother said.

     "Don't you mean the weeds." Maleficent remarked, making Jafar laugh.

     "Ooh! Who's the old bat!" Carlos' mother asked, referring to Fairy Godmother.

     "This is Fairy Godmother." Mal introduced.

     "Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Maleficent asked, all four of the parents started laughing.

     Fairy Godmother was offended and said, "I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage!"

     "You really couldn't give Cinderella 'til 1 AM? I mean, really! What, the ants have to be back to their little wheels?"

     Maleficent moved her fingers like feet.

     "They were mice!" Fairy Godmother shouted at the monitor.

     She then looked at the VK's.

     "They were mice..." The headmistress repeated, a bit calmer now.

     Mal reassured her and she walked next to me.

     "Hi, mom!" Mal greeted.

     "Mal! I m-miss you." Maleficent blurted out.

     "You children are never far from our thoughts!" Jafar said.

     "I got it. How long has mommy wait to see you?" Maleficent asked, rather suspiciously.

     "Um, there's a big coronation coming up but they probably... Sometime after that." Mal answered.

     "When?"

     "Friday! 10 AM."

     "Are you sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do if I don't get my hands on that magic wa-- you little nugget! That I love so much!" Maleficent said, the other villains agreeing.

     Mal nervously laughed.

     "Yes. I completely understand, mother."

     "C-carlos! Is that a dog?" Cruella asked, making Dude whimper in fear.

     "Ooh! Yes, yes baby I do understand. It would make a perfect size for ear muffs!"

     She laughed evilly, making me worried for Dude.

     I looked at Carlos nervously as he walked up to the monitor.

     "He's the perfect size for a pet!" He yelled, hugging Dude close to him.

     "This dog loves me and I love him! And FYI, your dog is stuffed!"

     He continued, and I heard his mom whimper like a dog.

     "So, give it a rest!" Carlos added.

     I put a hand of his shoulder and he looked at me.

     His eyes softened and walked back to his spot earlier.

     Jafar laughed.

     "Burn!"

     "Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two-bit-salesman!" Cruella remarked.

     The two started to fight and Jay quickly stopped the call.

     "I'm so sorry." Fairy Godmother apologized.

     "Thank you for the special treat." Jay softly said and she nodded.

     "Of course."

     Mal walked away, followed by the others.

     I walked up to them and heard their conversation.

     "What do you think our parents are gonna do to us if we don't pull this off?" Evie asked Mal.

     "I think they will be quietly disappointed at us but ultimately, proud of us for doing our best." Mal said, making Carlos confused.

     "Really?"

     She shook her head.

     "No. I think we are definitely goners."

     And with that, they left the room.

     I pulled Carlos away from them and he looked at me with a shocked expression.

     "What are you four planning?" I whispered to him, so the other three won't hear us.

     "What are you talking about, (Y/N)?"

     He shifted nervously as he held Dude.

     I shook my head.

     "Tell me the truth, are you guys trying to steal Fairy Godmother's wand?"

     He looked down at his feet, ashamed.

     "Yeah, we are. But I can explain, we need to do it for our parents. I understand if you don't want to talk to me an-"

     I cut off Carlos as I kissed his lips.

     "Why, did you do that?" He slowly asked, trying to understand the action.

     "I-I don't know... But I want to help you guys."

     I smiled at him, only making it disappear once I saw him frown deeply.

     "(Y/N), I don't want anything to happen to you. You're not like us, we're supposed to be bad."

     "But I know that you're good, all of you are."

     I held his hand and traced circles on the back of it.

     "Please, Carlos."

     I looked at him hopefully.

     He sighed.

     "I'm sorry, (Y/N). But I love you so much that I don't want you to get involved in our problem."

     Carlos walked away and hurried to the other three, leaving me staring at his back.