Chapter 30

We-- Jay, Jane, Carlos, and me-- were hanging out with the new villain kids at Evie's place.

     I was baking some cookies for all of us and the oven dinged in perfect timing.

     I put the cookies in a plate and walked out.

     Jay was practicing his tourney moves while Carlos and the twins watch him with Dude.

     I walked over to where Celia and Jane were and placed the plate on the table.

     Jane picked a card from the deck and Celia covered her eyes.

     "Don't show me."

     Jane then placed the card on her out-stretched hand and waited for what she got.

     "You're going to meet a tall handsome stranger." She said, showing Jane the front of the card.

     I scoffed, "Do you really think that will happen?"

     "But (Y/N), I already have." Jane said, pointing at Carlos' direction.

     I crossed my arms infront of my chest.

     "He's not a stranger anymore, Jane. And he's not that tall."

     "Hey! I heard that!"

     Carlos shouted from the bench.

     I shrugged and grabbed the separate cookie I made for Dude.

     "Hey dog, catch!"

     Dude jumped and managed to catch the cookie with his mouth, "Yummy cookie!"

     Carlos gave me a shocked look, "(Y/N)! Why did you give him a cookie?! I thought you said he can't eat chocolate?!"

     He ran towards Dude and tried to make him spit it out from the dog's mouth.

     I rolled my eyes. "Calm down. It's a dog cookie, it doesn't have chocolate. Do you really think I wanna kill my dog?"

     "Our dog." Carlos corrected me, making me turn back around to Jane and Celia with a frown.

     "Wanna try?" Celia asked, making a fan out of the cards.

     "Fine. But if your prediction is wrong, I'm not gonna pay."

     I picked a card and put it on her hand.

     "You're finally going to be with your first love." Celia said, making my eyes widened.

     Could it be??

     "That can't be. We just broke up and I'm already with Jane!" Carlos shouted.

     "You're not my first love!" I shouted back, then turned to direction of the Isle.

     Luckily, Carlos didn't ask further questions.

     "I hope you're right." I said, grabbing a cookie.

     "The cards never lie." Celia smiled at me, also holding a cookie.

     "If you say so." I shrugged.

     "Can I pick another one? I want to know if Carlos will remember my birthday tomorrow." Jane whispered so that her boyfriend won't hear.

     Celia out-stretched her hand and Jane put money on it.

     Could it be that I'm going to finally be with the son of Captain Hook?

~~~

     It's Jane's birthday today and she invited all of us to come.

     Carlos asked me to help him with the cake.

     What are friends for right?

     While the three of us started to pack food in the baskets, I noticed that Carlos was really happy to celebrate his girlfriend's birthday with her.

     I sighed and continued to put the rest of the food in the remaining baskets.

     "I think she's gonna like the cake, you guys. Oh no.."

     All of us looked at Carlos to see him shout out the door, "Okay! Who got into Jane's cake?"

     Evie, Jay, and I looked and saw the cake already has a  big slice.

     "Oh, come on! I worked hard for that cake!" I groaned, frowning out the same door.

     We then suddenly heard a noise from the front of the house and immediately went to check it out.

     We saw Audrey and Mal outside.

     "So long suckers!" Audrey shouted at us and vanished into pink smoke.

     We looked over at Mal and saw that she was transformed into an old lady.

     "Woah! Uh, you might wanna think of a spell for that." Jay said, slightly backing away.

     "There's no spell that can reverse the curse of the scepter." Mal slowly said, looking at us.

     "Well, that's a shame." Carlos looked over at us nervously.

     "Forget about me, Audrey's out for revenge. And all of Auradon is in danger."

     "What shall we do?" Evie asked.

     "The only thing more powerful than the scepter is Hades' ember." Mal explained.

     "Oh, like he's just gonna hand it over if you bloom back to the Isle." Jay said, raising his eyebrow.

     "And no one knows where his lair is." Evie looked over at us.

     "I do!" Celia said from next to me, "I'm his errand rat. I've got the key on my dad's."

     "You're coming." Mal pointed to her.

     Celia groaned, "But I just got here."

     "Mal?"

     We all turned around to see Dizzy and the twins.

     They screamed when they saw Mal, but Evie reassured them and told Dizzy that she's in charge while we're gone.

     "Guys, go get your stuff." She said to the boys, as I went to help her get Mal inside.

     "How bad is it?" Mal asked, smiling at the both of us.

     Evie and I smiled as I replied, "You age beautifully."

     Mal nodded happily.

     "Now, let's just get you in something fabulous!" Evie suggested.

     "Okay."

     The two of us started to walk until we realized that Mal's not next to us.

     We went back to her side and guided her to Evie's bedroom.

     "Why don't you just pixie dust us inside?" Mal asked, looking over at me.

     "We don't want you to bump into the ceiling now, do we?"

     She just nodded as we slowly made our way inside the house.