Chapter 22

Carlos' POV:

Carlos' POV:

     I was sitting on my bed with Dude, contemplating whether I'm going to explain what happened or just tell the truth to (Y/N).

     "You shouldn't have made her mad, she trusts you with all of her heart! You broke the innocent girl's heart because of something--"

     "I know, I know... It's just that... How can I explain this?" I cut the talking dog off and stared at the floor.

     "You could always apologize to her, maybe she might forgive you!"

     My eyes widened at Dude's suggestion and looked at him.

     "You're right, Dude! I'm gonna go and ask her to the cotillion as an apology!"

     And with that, I stood up and went for the door.

     "Oh boy..."

     I heard Dude say behind me.

     I was about to open the door but it suddenly opened, revealing Ben and Evie.

     "What's up guys?"

     I smiled at them, but the both of them just gave me a frown.

     "What's wrong? What's with the long faces?" I asked them, concerned for my friends.

     They looked at eachother then back at me before giving me something.

     "It's a letter from (Y/N). Faith gave it to us just after I went to Ben's office." Evie said, making me quickly grab the letter.

     It reads: "To whoever reading this, I'm going with Mal to the Isle. I can't take the jealousy and the hurt I've been feeling whenever I see Carlos with that Jane. So I'm going to the Isle to bring back the memories I stored away so I can move on with Carlos... Tell him, I love him. Very much... Sincerely, (Y/N)~"

     I can't believe it, she left me here...

     What did she mean by bringing back what memories?

     Does she have a past with the Isle?

     If so, why didn't she tell me?

     Questions kept coming in my mind, questions that wanted to be answered.

     "Don't worry, Carlos."

     My trance was broken when I heard Ben speak.

     "Tonight, we'll be going to the Isle to bring them back."

     I nodded and they walked out of the room while I went to prepare.

     "Can I come?" Dude asked from my bed.

     "No, Dude. Stay!" I replied, not looking at the talking dog.

     "It's (Y/N)! She's my master too!" He begged.