CHAPTER 2- Slytherin

THE HAT SHOUTED OUT ALBUS'S HOUSE. Albus sat petrified on the stool. SLYTHERIN, the hat had shouted. The Great Hall was silent. The other students were greeted with loud applause and cheers. Albus was greeted with silence. A Potter in Slytherin. Albus got off the stool and walked slowly towards the Slytherin table. He sat next to Scorpius and put his head down on the table.

"Well at least you've got me," said Scorpius.

"At least I have you," said Albus lifting his head up. The sorting ceremony continued like normal and the feast began. Albus barely touched his food. He kept on thinking about how he let his father down. A Potter in Slytherin. It was the perfect example of a fish out of water.

**********

Albus and Scorpius sat at the end of the Slytherin table avoiding everyone. It had been a week since the sorting and the students more or less avoided Albus and Scorpius.

"Hey Albus," said Rose sitting down next to him.

"Hello there gorgeous," said Scorpius "Are you lost? The Gryffindor table is that way."

"I know," said Rose "I just wanted to hang out with you."

"Really?" said Albus "You would want to hang out with the us over the adoring Gryffindors?"

"Well, the Gryffindors more or less don't like me," said Rose "I'm the Gryffindor know-it-all who should have been in Ravenclaw so naturally they hate me. So I'm here now."

**********

Albus roamed the halls of Hogwarts looking for Scorpius. He was about to turn right to enter the west towers when he heard a voice.

"Ah, another Potter to add to my troubles," Albus turned towards the voice and saw a portrait of a man with very oily black hair and a large nose.

"Huh! Oh My brother, I'm sorry if he troubles you," apologized Albus. The man said nothing and studied Albus.

"I'm Albus," introduced Albus "Albus Severus Potter."

"You have your fathers eyes," said the man "I'm Snape. Severus Snape."

"You're the Slytherin Headmaster I was named after?"

"I am," said Snape "And it's not the worst decision your father made. What are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for Scorpius," said Albus

"Do one thing for me, tell him to tell his father that he didn't have a choice. Draco will know what it means. Run along now," said Snape. Albus left and continued his search but as soon as he turned he heard Snape say "I never thought I'd live to see the day where a Potter and a Malfoy would become friends. Then again, I didn't."

Albus walked down the hall and saw Scorpius lying down in the middle of the hall. Albus ran towards him. Albus tried waking him up but Scorpius just stood there motionless. Albus started to carry Scorpius but he wasn't able to.

"What are you doing?" asked Rose appearing behind them.

"Oh nothing just having a tea party with my dear friend Scorpius," said Albus "What does it look like I'm doing!?"

"I mean, what happened?" asked Rose.

"I don't know, I just found him like this. Help me take him to Madam Abbott-Longbottom," said Albus. Both of them together carried Scorpius to the hospital wing. They put him on a bed and waited. An hour went by and Scorpius woke up.

"You're okay," said Rose breathing a sigh of relief "How are you?"

"Nice to see you care about me," said Scorpius.

"Oh shut up," retorted Rose.

"Scorpius, glad to see that you're with us," said Madam Abbott-Longbottom "What happened?"

"I don't know," said Scorpius, shaking his head "I was getting a book that I left in the classroom and then there was a giant black cloud and it went past me and next thing I know is that I'm here," Madam Abbott-Longbottom froze and took a few deep breaths.

"You're lucky you're alive," she whispered. She cleared he throat and spoke again, "I've informed your parents."

"Do you know what happened?" asked Rose

"I have a theory," said Madam Abbott-Longbottom "Let's just hope I'm wrong,". Suddenly the door to the hospital wing flew open. Astoria and Draco stood in the door way.

"Scorpius!" said Astoria and rushed towards Scorpius "My sweet baby, are you alright?"

"I'm fine mum," said Scorpius slightly embarrassed. Harry walked through the door and approached the group.

"Dad," said Albus "What are you doing here?"

"Well, someone is attacking students so I had to come and investigate," said Harry "What are you doing here?"

"I had to make sure Scorpius was okay," said Albus "He's my best friend after all, is that okay?"

"Sure, I didn't get along with Malfoy in my school days but that doesn't mean you have to... not get along with his son," said Harry "Besides, Me and Malfoy are sort of friends now."

"Potter, I made sure you wouldn't get along with me" said Draco "If I tried we would have been best friends as I am a very friendly person."

"That you are," said Harry sarcastically "Anyway Malfoy it's been nineteen years, you don't have to continue called me Potter you know?"

"In my defense you just called me Malfoy two seconds ago so," said Draco "Potter!"

"Okay then," said Harry, turning to Madam Abbott-Longbottom "So Hannah, what happened?"

"Well, four students are dead, I'm afraid," she said, trying to compose herself.

"Do you feel that this was targeted?" asked Harry

"No, um... I honestly think these four were in the way of someone and paid the price. I have a theory. Come outside," Madam Abbott-Longbottom and the adults went outside the hospital wing and closed the door leaving Rose, Scorpius, and Albus inside.

"Albus, step away from the door," said Rose "We don't want to get caught eavesdropping."

"Shh... I'm trying to listen," said Rose pressing his ear towards the door. He heard the adults opening the door and he ran back to Rose and Scorpius.

"Well I better be going," said Astoria "I have an appointment at St. Mungo's. You take care of yourself Scorpius, and Albus, please look after him."

"I will," said Albus. Draco went to talk to Astoria before she left and Harry went to meet Neville.

"What did you hear?" asked Scorpius, once the adults were out of earshot.

"I couldn't hear much," said Albus "But I heard one word, Obscurial."