CHAPTER 7- Medeor

ALBUS'S SECOND YEAR FLEW WAS QUICKLY AS HIS FIRST AND HE FOUND HIMSELF HEADING TO KINGS CROSS STATION AGAIN FOR HIS THIRD YEAR.

"That's not fair," said James.

"What's not fair?" asked Albus. He wasn't paying attention to his family's conversation until now.

"Dad got to compete in the Triwizard Tournament in his fourth year," said James who was starting his fourth year "Why did Aunt Hermione ban it?"

"The Triwizard Tournament was a series of very dangerous games," said Ginny "Harry wasn't even allowed to enter,"

"How did he enter?" asked Albus

"Ah, that's one secret I'll never tell," said Harry.

"Dad, what was the most scary event in the tournament?" asked Lily

"Let me think." said Harry. He thought about Lily's question for about two seconds and answered "Definitely the Yule Ball,"

"What!" exclaimed James, Albus, and Lily at that same time.

"Oh yeah, I was most scared for the Yule Ball," said Harry.

"Come to think of it," said Ginny "I don't think anyone ended up with their dates for the Yule Ball."

"I think Neville did," said Harry.

"I was Neville's date!" exclaimed Ginny.

"Right, Sorry Gin," said Harry taking Ginny's hand and kissing the back of it. 

Ginny smiled and said "You're lucky I love you."

"I know," said Harry "I am lucky and I love you too."

"We're here!" shrieked Lily in excitement. Albus, James and Lily ran through the barrier and boarded the Hogwarts Express. Albus sat in his usual compartment with Scorpius.

"Where's Rose?" asked Scorpius when the train left the station.

"She's with the Gryffindor team in James's compartment," answered Albus "Apparently they have a new captain, and he doesn't want to lose like last year."

"Oh yeah, that was bad," said Scorpius remembering last year's quidditch house cup. The Gryffindor team lost every single match they played. "Who's the new captain?"

"Lewis Wood," said Albus.

"Isn't he the fifth year bloke who sent some potions textbook into the forbidden forest with James?" asked Scorpius.

"He's in the same year as James."

"Anyway, did you get a chance to read the journal," said Scorpius his voice dropping down to a whisper on the word 'journal'.

"You don't have to whisper you know. We're the only ones here," said Albus "And yes I read it. Studied it more like."

"So why can you turn into... that."

"A Medeor," corrected Albus "Apparently three thousand years ago some witch gave other witches and wizards the medeor power for... some purpose."

"What purpose?" asked Scorpius

"I don't know," said Albus dejected "The journal doesn't say. The last line is, and I quote, I finally found my purpose. I think he died trying to fulfil the so called purpose."

"How did you get the power?"

"It has a weird system," said Albus vaguely "Once a medeor dies his or her powers get transferred to someone else."

"How many of you are there?"

"Five hundred or so."

"Five hundred!" exclaimed Scorpius "How come no one knows about this?"

"Medeors have to be activated," said Albus "Someone needs to be attacked when they are unable to defend themselves."

"You activated yours during our duel," said Scorpius completing Albus's thought. The train pulled up at Hogwarts and the students pilled out of the train. The first years went with Hagrid across the lake and the others took the carriages. The students went to the great hall and the sorting ceremony began. One by one, Headmistress McGonagall called out the same of students and they got sorted.

"Lily Potter," called out McGonagall. Lily walked over to the stool and sat on it. The sorting hat was placed on her head.

"GRYFFINDOR!" shouted the hat two minutes later. Lily went over to the Gryffindor table and sat next to Rose and the ceremony continued as normal.

Albus went to find Lily as the students made their way into their dorms, but he had lost her in the sea of students. Instead of finding Lily, he found Rose.

"Hey Rose, do you know where Lily is?" asked Albus

"I think she is with Lorcan or Lysander. I can never tell those two apart," answered Rose.

"That narrows it down a lot," said Albus rolling his eyes "Anyway, before I forget. Tell Hugo congratulations on getting into Gryffindor."

"I will," said Rose. Albus went on finding Lily. He found Lorcan and Lysander, but not Lily. Albus went to the moving staircase to head down to his dorm, but the staircase moved while he was on it and he was stuck on a random floor. He was waiting for a staircase to return when he heard a scream from down the hall. Albus ran as fast as he could towards the sound and he saw the same sight he has been seeing for the past three years. Students on the the floor, dead. Albus saw that Lily was hiding in a corner.

"Albus," breathed Lily coming out of her hiding spot and seeing Albus. Albus ran towards her and hugged her tight and Lily started stuttering "Albus I.. I don't.. huge black cloud and I..."

"Hey, It's alright, everything is going to be alright," said Albus still holding her. He let her go once her breathing steadied.

"What's happened?" asked James approaching them. He looked at the hallway and answered his own question "Are you okay?" he asked Lily. She nodded.

"What are you doing here?" asked Albus.

"Lily wasn't in the common room, so I went looking for her," said James "Rose told me that you were looking for her too so I went looking for you too."

"I got lost because of the stair case," said Lily "It moved before I could step off."

"Congrats on getting into Gryffindor by the way," said Albus "Sometimes I wonder why I got sorted into Slytherin."

"It really doesn't matter, you're as much of a Potter as me and James," said Lily "But if it means so much to you, why don't you ask the sorting hat?"

A/N: The next few chapters are probably just going to be filler chapters because I'm an idiot and I don't know how to map out my plot.