CHAPTER 5- Green Ball of Fire

ALBUS KNEW DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS CLASS WAS GOING TO BE SPECIAL THAT DAY. Professor Thomas was standing on a long table and the students all gathered around the table, Slytherins on one side and Gryffindors on the other.

"Alright class, today we are going to cover dueling. Can anyone tell me why we still learn about dueling if its medieval?" said Professor Thomas and only one hand shot up "Yes, Ms. Granger-Weasley."

"A duel provides a way for people to publicly prove their courage and regain their honor," said Rose "The main purpose of a duel is to regain honor. No one really dies or gets seriously injured in a duel so it provides an option to solve disputes if the problem can't be solved by discussion, debate and or negotiation."

"You are like your mother," Professor Thomas muttered and then he spoke out loud "Very good Rose, ten points to Gryffindor." He showed the procedures and the stances. "From basic common knowledge, you only have to disarm your opponent so the three er- four unforgivable curses are not allowed. Now that introductions are out of the way, um... Potter, Malfoy, come on up and duel."

Albus and Scorpius climbed on to the table and faced each other.

"Scared Potter?" asked Scorpius holding his wand to his face.

"You wish," said Albus flicking his wand down. They turned away and took ten steps and faced each other again. On Professor Thomas's command, they started to duel.

"Expelliarmus," said Scorpius and Albus said at the same time. Both of them got back to their feet and faced each other again.

"Flipendo," said Scorpius and Albus dodged it, or at least he thought so. Suddenly Albus felt as light as air. He tried to cast another spell but he couldn't. He couldn't feel his arms or his legs. He looked down and saw his body disappear. It was just like the time he tried on the invisibility cloak but his body had actually disappeared. He could see that everyone was staring at him. He tried to move but instead of moving a few steps like he had planned he shot across the room. Albus somehow managed to go back to the table and he focused on getting his limbs back and just as suddenly as his limbs had disappeared they had come back.

"Dean, if you're not to busy, can I talk to you for a moment?" asked Harry entering the room.

"Yeah, sure," said Professor Thomas, shaken by the whole ordeal "I need to tell you something too. Everyone class dismissed."

Everyone headed out of the classroom and Dean and Harry stood in the classroom talking.

"What the hell was that!" screamed Rose, while walking through the hallway with Albus and Scorpius.

"What happened?" asked Albus, genuinely confused.

"What happened?! WHAT HAPPENED?!" said Rose, freaking out "You were a freaking green ball of fire! That's what happened!"

"Calm down Rose, it's not that bad," said Scorpius "Albus just has a set of magical skills that we don't have."

"Yeah, great deduction Sherlock Holmes," said Albus rolling his eyes "What does that mean for me? What am I?"

"I don't know but dad used to tell me stories of this one person who could do what you just did," explained Scorpius "Dad joked and said it was a Malfoy. I always thought that it was a pure myth."

"Could someone like me be the one who hurt you, that day in our first year?" said Albus "But instead of turning green they turn black... somehow?"

"No way!" exclaimed Scorpius "The thing that attacked me was massive. It was twenty times bigger than you!"

"Well what ever it is, I think we'll find our answers in Malfoy Manor," said Rose.

"Oh that's not happening!" said Scorpius

"Why not? Your parents know we're friends," said Rose.

"Yeah but my grandparents don't," said Scorpius "Grandmum wouldn't mind but Grandfather, that's a whole other story. He already hates my mum because she doesn't share their views about muggle-borns, what the hell do you think is going to happen to me when he finds out my best friends are the person who conquered the Dark Lord's son and a muggle-born's daughter?"

"Wait I though your grandparents were living in... some apartment... somewhere else?" said Albus.

"Yeah they were living in the apartment they own in Tombbury village," explained Scorpius. He looked down and said "They came because... mum's...not doing very well."

"Oh my god," Rose whispered but it was loud enough for the others to hear and then she spoke out loud "Your mother will pull through, I know she will!"

"Yeah I hope so," said Scorpius and he shook his head as if to forget a thought "Anyway, on February 5th my parents always have a big anniversary party. They are usually occupied with the guests and stuff to notice me. Them and my grandparents. I can sneak you guys in then."

"Great, that would-" Rose cut herself off and she screamed. Albus and Scorpius looked at what made Rose scream. The hallway had a whole body of students, lying down, motionless. There must have been twelve or so students. Albus had no clue whether they were dead or unconscious.

"Someone find an Auror," said Rose.

"Or Madam Abbott-Longbottom," said Scorpius. Just then one of the Aurors came to patrol the area.

"What happened?" he asked.

"We don't know," said Albus "We just found them like this."

"Damn it!" said the Auror "It attacked again. Where was the Auror for this area?"

"I think he's dead," said Rose looking at the body of students. There were two Aurors among the mix.

"You three head back to you're common rooms now!" he said "I need to inform Harry that we need more Aurors!"

The trio did as they were told and went to their dorms. On their way Albus and Scorpius bumped into Harry.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. Albus explained the whole ordeal with the dead students.

"Is he back?" asked Albus "Is you-know-who back again, dad?"

"No," said Harry giving Albus a soft smile "We made sure that he would never come back."