CHAPTER 17- Collision

ALBUS, ROSE, AND SCORPIUS STARED AT LENA WITH THEIR EYES WIDE OPEN. Albus's jaw dropped a little. He wanted to say something-anything but words refused to form in his mind and come out of his vocal chords. Lena pursed he lips into a thin line and clenched her hands into fists.

"H-h-how is that even possible?" Rose managed to ask in sheer astonishment.

"I've been thinking about it since you all told me about your whole research in 1940, and it just sort of clicked. I guess instead of hiding my magic from the Devereauxs I was subconsciously suppressing it." explained Lena "I've been blacking out and I had no clue where I was during the attacks so I put two and two together and now you're staring at Hogwarts' Obscurial. The final piece came in when you told me about obscurials."

Everyone was silent for a while. No one said anything until Lena finally spoke up. "Albus, can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Yeah sure!" Albus managed to squeak out.

"I need you to do something for me?" she asked her voice having a hint of sadness and fear.

"What is it?" asked Albus.

"I'm going to turn an-"

"No, nope, absolutely not." said Albus shaking his head "I already know where this is going and I can tell you that its a horrible plan."

"Just listen!" said Lena giving him a sad smile "I'm going to turn and you are going to call all the Aurors, here."

"They'll kill you!" said Albus. Lena didn't say anything and Albus said "But you want that, you want them to kill you."

"It's not like that, I don't want to die," said Lena softly her voice cracking a little and her eyes brimming with tears "But, I just- I can't live knowing that at any moment I can kill someone. I almost killed Scorpius and I already killed Louis and I can't- I just can't" 

"No, I'm not going to let you die." said Albus.

"Please, Albus I have no other option." pleaded Lena. One tear trickled down her cheek and she quickly wiped it away.

"I refuse to believe that!" said Albus "I'll somehow find a way. I know a way."

Lena just gave him another sad smile. "I know you will, but you don't have time." she said softly. She took a deep unsteady breath and continued "I also knew that you wouldn't listen, so I went with plan B."

"What's plan B?" asked Albus taking her hands in his own.

"I asked someone else to do the same thing I asked you." explained Lena. A small Ravenclaw boy with blonde hair appeared and led a group of Aurors towards them. He quickly ran away when he saw Lena and the others.

"Lena-" Albus had started to say.

"I'm sorry, Albus, but I cant live with myself if knowing that I killed Louis and that I can kill someone else. This is the only way to make sure that doesn't happen." said Lena. She pulled her hands away from his and Albus saw Lena disappear. She gave him a small, sad smile before she was replaced with a giant black cloud. Albus took a few steps towards Lena but he felt someone's hand stop him.

"Albus, whatever you are thinking of doing please think it through." said Rose.

"I can't let her die." said Albus "Not when I know how to save her."

"How?" asked Scorpius.

"Malfoy journal, last page." said Albus "I have to charge into her in my medeor form. He saved Jacqueline. I can save her! It's my purpose as a medeor!"

"He died in the process!" protested Scorpius "Have you forgotten that?!"

"There is a chance I can survive." said Albus.

"Yeah, the odds of that happening is one to million." said Rose.

"I'll take those odds!" said Albus "I can't believe we are even discussing this! It's Lena's life we are talking about!"

"Look Albus, I get it okay," said Rose "Lena is one of my best friend and I don't want her to die but there is a chance you both will die, and that will be far worse than one of you dying. I can't lose you both. No one can!"

"I know." said Albus "But you would have done it for anyone of us if you were in my position." He didn't let Rose or Scorpius react and started walking towards the obscurial.

"Albus step away!" ordered Harry.

"I can save her, dad!" said Albus.

"What are you talking about?" asked Harry "Albus!"

"I have to try," Albus apologized "I'm sorry, dad!"

The last thing Albus heard was his father saying "No, Albus!" but it was too late. Albus felt his limbs disappear and he turned into a emerald green ball of fire. The Malfoy journals hadn't explained how exactly to save obscurials, so Albus had to improvise. He quickly noticed that the Obsucrial, as Scorpius had said, was twenty times bigger than he was, but that didn't matter to him at that moment. He aimed for the very center of the obscurial and charged at it. He dismissed every negative thought that came into his mind and just charged. He felt as if he was going faster by every "step" he took. 

Albus closed his eyes when he was very close to his target. He opened them after a while only to be surrounded by a darkness. He was inside the obscurial. He felt weaker the longer he stayed there. He gathered whatever strength he had and continued. After what seemed like thirty seconds Albus found himself back in the walls of Hogwarts. He turned around to see Lena lying on the floor. An Auror went to check her pulse and very faintly Albus heard "She's alive, just barely, but alive."

Albus turned back into himself. He felt very weak. He forced himself to stay awake and fought the urge to close his eyes. He saw Rose's face burried in Scorpius's chest and one of Scorpius's arm around her shoulder and the other around her waist.

"Albus, are you alright?" Albus heard his dad ask. His voice was very faint but Albus heard it. Black spots started dancing around his eyes and Albus found it very hard to maintain his balance.

"I did it!" he said very weakly and he collapsed into his dad's arms .

A/N: Two chapters in a day way to go me!! This chapter is really emotional (or not as emotional as I thought). I'm sorry. I will probably start in the next chapter tomorrow and publish it tomorrow.