CHAPTER 6- Malfoy Manor

ALBUS KNOCKED ON THE DOOR OF MALFOY MANOR. He couldn't hear much from outside but it seemed like people were laughing and having fun. Few moments later, Scorpius opened the door.

"Glad you're here! Come on in," said Scorpius "You look beautiful Rose."

"Thanks," said Rose blushing a little. She was wearing a red sleeveless dress that came till her knees. "You don't look so bad yourself," she continued.

"Great , if you two are done flirting can we go and search Scorpius's huge house," said Albus. Rose punched him in the arm and Albus winced in pain. Just then there was another knock on the door.

"I'll get it," yelled Scorpius. He ran down and opened the door. Albus and Rose hid in some nearby room.

"Uncle Theodore, Aunt Pansy!" said Scorpius recognizing the people at the door.

"Hi Scorpius!" said Pansy "Is Draco inside?"

"Yeah," said Scorpius "He's with mum talking to Uncle Blaise."

"Alright," said Pany.

"Hi," said another female voice.

"Katerina," said Scorpius recognizing the voice and the person "What are you doing here?"

"Wait, Katerina?" whispered Rose to Albus "As in Katerina Nott."

"Yeah, Theodore and Pansy's daughter," said Albus. They both became quiet and listened to Scorpius and Katerina's conversation.

"Anyway, you know the drill," said Katerina.

"Yeah. I know, you go to Nora Avery's party and I cover for you," said Scorpius

"Thanks so much!" she said and Katerina left. Scorpius climbed up the stairs and found Albus and Rose.

"Where do we start?" said Rose "And what do we look for?"

"We'll know once we see it I guess," said Albus

"Let's start in the attic," said Scorpius. They climbed up to the attic and saw a bunch of boxes. Albus, Rose and Scorpius started looking through the boxes.

"Hey Scorpius," said Rose opening a small box in the back of the attic "Did you know that your dad loved my mum?"

"What?!" said Scorpius walking over to what Rose found "I knew he loved someone else before mum. I always thought it was Aunt Pansy. I didn't know it was Hermione."

"Do you think these are recent?" asked Rose.

"No, look at the date." said Scorpius skimming through the letters in the box "This is from his first or second year."

"Why would he bully my mum if he was in love with her?" asked Rose.

"He explains that in the letter," said Scorpius "Apparently, he wanted Hermione to hate him as much as he loved her, because they could never be together. He wrote them but never sent them."

"Oh my god," said Rose shuddering "If he would have actually sent them we could have been siblings."

"Yeah, that would be horrible," said Scorpius shuddering "Hey, look at this. It's the fifth or sixth year letter. Dear Hermione, I did something today. I finally got over you."

"Wow, that's uh... wow!" stuttered Rose.

"Okay, while you two were busy with thousand year old letters, I found something," said Albus from the other side of the attic.

"Thousand year old letters? Just how old do you think our parents are?" exclaimed Rose.

"Never mind that," said Albus pulling out a book that was was as thick as all of his school books combined "I found a journal. The journal of Autem Malfoy. I just skimmed through it for now but he was just like me. I'm called medeor"

"That's Latin for cure," said Rose.

"Cure for what?" said Albus. He had just finished his sentence when he heard a door closing.

"That's mum's room on the third floor," said Scorpius "Malfoy Manor has thin walls."

Albus pulled out his invisibility cloak and covered him and Rose with it. Rose grabbed the journal with her and the three of them headed for the front door. Draco was standing there and the door was closed.

"Dad, can I ask you something?" said Scorpius. He was going to  distract his dad so that Rose and Albus could sneak out.

"Sure," said Draco.

"I was in the attic today-"

"And let me guess," said Draco cutting Scorpius off "You found a box hidden in the attic with old letters to the minister of magic?"

"Do you still..." and Scorpius trailed off.

"No," said Draco, giving Scorpius a sad smile "That was a long time ago. I was a different person and now I love Astoria and I will continue loving her till the end of eternity. Please don't doubt my love for you or your mum. It's the only thing in life that I'm sure of"

"I'm sorry dad. I didn't mean to," apologized Scorpius.

"It's okay," said Draco sitting down so that he was about the same height as Scorpius "You were bound to find that at some point."

"Why did you keep them?" asked Scorpius

"Your mum-"

"Wait mum knows?" asked Scorpius

"Who do you think helped me get over Hermione?" said Draco "She's the only one who knows."

"Anyway back to my question."

"Ah, yes! I wanted to get rid of them but Astoria said that it was a thing from my past and I can't just erase it no matter how badly I want to, but I can learn and grow as a person from it," said Draco "And I am fully aware that I am saying this all in front Albus and Rose who are hiding under Potter's invisibility cloak."

Albus and Rose stiffened. Albus slowly removed the cloak and was face to face with Draco.

"How did you know?" asked Scorpius.

"I have a closer watch on you than you realize," said Draco. He turned towards Albus and asked "How are you two getting home? Is Potter coming or...?"

"We were just going to take the knight bus," said Albus

"I see you have Potter's recklessness," said Draco "The knight bus. You two will do no such thing. Come I'll drop you off."

"No thank you, It's really fine," said Rose.

"I wasn't asking," said Draco "Godrics Hollow and The Burrow right?"

A/N: I have read so many fan-fics and head canons and au stories so now I genuinely believe that Draco loved Hermione since the moment he saw her but he couldn't be with her so he bullied her a lot so that she wouldn't even accidently fall for him. This is just my opinion and the whole Dramione thing doesn't have anything to do with the story but just... yeah.